Monday, May 24, 2010

22

Happy Monday everyone hope you all had great weekends! :) My weekend was fun, it was spent with friends and the hubby! Real quick before I get into my weekend I want to remind everyone that TOMORROW is World Thyroid Day! Don't forget!

Okay so this weekend: Friday for Breakfast and Lunch I did my diet meals and I loved it, that night however we went out for Mexican food with about 30 people and they were ordering appetizers and what not so we decided I would just have my treat meal then. For Dinner I had two beef enchiladas (these are very small -length and width- enchiladas), and one bite of rice and beans. I was proud of myself because I had been craving Mexican food all week, and I wanted pretty much everything that was in front of me haha. Saturday morning I had my frozen yogurt treat...yum...and then I was out with my cousin all day and then the hubbs and I had date night. My cousin and I stopped in at a Japanese restaurant for Lunch, and all I had was a side salad and a small bowl of onion soup (it's literally just onions in broth) Both things VERY on my diet and I was happy with it :) That night for date night I had a grilled chicken breast with a salad and didn't even finish it! So far, I'm thinking man I'm doing great this weekend for how much we went out! And then Sunday I did my diet perfectly, there's no way not to be happy with that. haha. But then this morning I stepped on the scale. You'll never guess what it said...I gained 5 pounds this weekend. I seriously could not believe it...I did great this weekend.

So I was talking with my Mom and Dad on the phone and we thought about everything and there are two things that I needed to consider (and no I'm definitely not making excuses) 1. what I ate on Friday and Saturday did have a lot more salt then I usually have. annnd 2. I am one of those few hypothyroid patients who does not have to deal with constipation, (SORRY this may be TMI...you don't have to read this part if you have a weak stomach) but don't count me as lucky because instead, I have the exact opposite. I have been like that for over 4 years now, 24/7 and it is soooo not fun! But that all stopped on Friday because since that morning I haven't been able to go at all! Ahh! Haha okay sorry I'm done being gross now!

Like I said I'm not making excuses...I know I did great on my diet this weekend, but seeing that 5 lb gain was killer, this was more of a...know that you did well, but know that there were some big differences this last weekend that could have changed things. I'm also not giving up. After I saw that this morning I cried and sat there and pouted about it, but then I went and made myself my -thyroid diet- breakfast and got my -thyroid diet- lunch ready for work. I'm gonna keep on going, and I wouldn't have it any other way :). I do have to admit one thing though, I was terrifed of having to write it on here...I was -and still kind of am- afraid that you guys would be disappointed in me. I really hope you aren't, and I hope you know that I'm gonna keep on keeping on! Please keep me in your prayers! Have a wonderful night and don't forget about tomorrow...OOH OOH OOH! Biggest Loser Finale is tomorrow night too! WOO!!! Good day Tueday! haha alright until next time ;-)

18 comments:

  1. Good job bouncing back from that disappointment, Molls. You did great this weekend, and I am sure that will show on the scale in the next couple of days! We'll keep praying for you!! :-) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much sister! I Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly,DONT be down were chearing from the side lines all the time...lm sure the POOP! has a lot to do with it!! l feel sure that l would have lost a bit more this morning if l had not had a major plumming blockage! sorry for TMI!!l took some pysillium capsules for two days, as l can't eat bread etc thought it might help me! but what with the iron tablets WOW! its why l didn't measure myself this morning !l looked pregnant! also when you look at the bigger picture ,you have lost lots and consistantly , you can do it again!and you've got to remember what a great weekend you had, you've got to live and enjoy yourself, your doing just great!
    l will be praying that you have a great week .check my blog out l lost a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! You made me feel so much better and I'll definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Molly, I am actually a bit wary about weighing myself every day, because I feel you tend to focus on what you weigh. I know I do.. I am like you and would get really upset with the scales.. but think about what you have achieved so far!! You have lost weight and your clothes are loose on you. Also that extra weight showing on the scales could be anything.. you could be retaining water... I think going with the measurements is much better, and how your clothes feel. Also if you are exercising you would be gaining muscle... I am no expert, I know, but I know that getting on the scales each day for me, would be too deflating (if I had gained!).

    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl...weight gain is my middle name! The Thyroid Diet has completely stopped and starting to go in reverse for me. Just another diet that I will abandon. My 3rd week is done and I've gained 2lbs. I watched the scale all week go up little by little. I followed the diet to the letter and I worked my ass off at the gym. Frustration is back.

    I'm finally going to listen to my doctor and do the HCG hormone treatments he REALLY wanted me to try in the first place. I dismissed it because i thought it was pretty far fetched and kind of started to think my doctor is quacky. He really thinks with the treatment, I can loose a pound per day. But after reading a book and doing some research, it really makes sense and I'm going for it. It's a 40-day treatment cycle. I wrote more about it in my blog. The diet to follow during the dosing time is pretty damn strict. Wish me luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Jen! Yes definitely focusing on everything that has happened so far was what really helped me get past being upset about it! And my clothes are still super huge on me so I'm good :) I'm just excited for when those 5 lbs are gone again haha!

    Sharper -- oh no that is so frustrating!!! I'm sorry about all that but good luck on the HCG! I'm rootin for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. they will be plus some more!! xx

    jen

    Ps. I started the plan, but then got sick thurs and friday so kind of went off it.. will get back onto this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me know once you get back on!!! and don't worry...if you're sick you're sick always take care of yourself first

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww Molly!! Don't feel bad! If there is something that we all know is how crazy this whole thyroid thingy is. The most important part is that you did great on the diet and were a champ all weekend. I'm not worried at all about those 5 pounds. I'm sure they will leave in a second and will take some friends with them ;) It is however super interesting to find out that there may be treats that even in tiny portions make our bodies go nuts. Oh well. Say no to frustration, keep your head up and keep on fighting girl! Lets kick some tail! :)

    Lucia

    ps: Thanks so much for your reply earlier. I feel so blessed for having found your blog and being in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Molly - between my thyroid and my messed up spine, i've had lots of trouble with my #2s. I once went 3 weeks without going, i was vomiting so much to get rid of all the toxins in my body! my doctor gave me some prescription strength laxative, and i was literally on the toilet for about 3 hours. BUT, i weighed myself before and after - i pooped out 8 pounds!! sooo, don't lose hope; i'm sure you'll get rid of those 5 pounds once your bowels are normal again

    Sharper - I'm on the HCG diet, my doctor said a pound a day as well. the meds are $250 for a months supply! i have been losing a little weight (5 pounds in 2 weeks), but i think it's more the diet than anything - you're only allowed 2 servings protein, 2 of veggies, + 2 of fruit a day! on average, that's 500 calories per day. i'd try the diet alone before you shell out the cash (unless your insurance covers it, mine didn't)

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is no way that anybody could be disappointed in you. Everyone has their slips and falls on any diet or we wouldn't be human. We just have to remind ourselves that is a temporary setback that can be conquered. For the leaps and bounds you have already made, you should feel more than proud of yourself. You are giving your best to it and that is what matters the most. Accepting that you are human and can't be perfect all of the time is one of the hardest things, especially when you've been overweight and are pulling yourself out. It takes someone else that has been there to understand that deep seated fear of failing and falling back to where you were. You have the determination to keep moving forward, never doubt it. And even when you fall, there is someone else who will help pick you back up and get you back on track because you are not alone.

    Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good gracious woman! Forget about those 5lbs!! You watch Biggest Loser, you've seen this before. Its no big deal at all!! Your body is going through some huge changes. Expect it to put up the occasional extra fight. Keep at it and keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Lucia! And we are DEFINITELY gonna kick some weight tail haha!

    Amy -- I loved that thank you so much! 1. It definitely gave me hope 2. It made me giggle :) haha! Thank you for sharing that and being open! And thanks for the thought for Sharper!!

    Lindy -- Aww thank you :) That meant a lot because I understand completely what you were saying.

    Numberonebun -- Thank you and you are right! It happens, and I just need to get over it and move on!

    Thank you all for the support I feel so blessed to have you all giving me your thoughts and encouragement! I definitely consider all of you my close friends, I feel like we're a thyroid family :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAPPY WORLD THYROID DAY TO ALL!!! :)
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Thyroid Day Everyone - Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. Keep your head held high loverbutt! It's simply a minor pause in the AMAZING progress you're making. It will fall right back off :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Rach! And Happy Thyroid Day to you guys too!

    ReplyDelete