Friday, May 14, 2010

17.

Hey hey! IT'S FRIDAY :) ahh I'm so excited (1. get to spend much needed time with the hubbs <3, 2. going to see Letters to Juliet tomorrow and 3. TREAT DAY!!!!)  Okay so there are some issues I need to clear up. Some people, including me, are getting their comments deleted. I don't know what's wrong but I promise you it was definitely not me. (after I found this out I did write a comment and then personally deleted it to see what would happen. When I deleted it, it said deleted by author...the other ones were just no where to be found...so I have seriously no clue!) I tried looking around, but I can't find anything that would be doing that. So if yours got deleted, I'm so sorry! Please try to post it again.

I realized something last night, I don't know why it took me so long though...haha. If you use a salad plate, your mind tricks you into thinking you're eating a lot more than you are! For dinner I had my protein, fat and veggies on a salad plate and I was like woah...that's a lot of food! But in reality it wasn't. Now if it was to be on a regular plate like usual, I sit there staring at it thinking...that is filling 1/4 of a plate...you've got to be kidding. hahahah! So try it if you don't already.

I lost another .8 lbs yesterday :) So I weigh 296.4! Yay! Also I decided to measure myself again, so I guess I will do it every week. I didn't lose anything in my arms, abs, or upper thigh BUT I did lose a total of 6.5 inches everywhere else this last week (bust=1, waist=1, butt=2, lower thigh=1 and calf=1.5)! I think I need to start lifting some light weights, or canned veggies that are never going to get used, cause I need to get rid of these bingo arms for sure. haha! And although I didn't lose anything in my abs, I put on a shirt today that I haven't worn in a couple weeks and WOW! My stomach always touched and pushed out the front of the shirt, today my stomach isn't touching it at all! It's just hanging there! I was thrilled! I really wish I would have started measuring myself when I started this! I really need to start doing TTapp every day. I'm only doing a few things for my stomach, butt and legs I think. But I only did it twice. I'm still walking 2 miles a day though!
There are some links for T-Tapp if you were wanting to try it out. I'll be on this weekend responding to comments but I don't think I'll have another post until Monday. oh! and Brenda said something today that I have to share: "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". I love that! Thanks Brenda! Have a wonderful weekend! Until next time :)

19 comments:

  1. I always eat with salad plates!!! The dinner plates exist as serving plates only. It really does make a difference!

    Congrats on your weight loss!! I'm working on getting back down to the weight I was last weekend. lol This has been a bad week, but I plan to dance the night away tonight at the club. -- The best workout ever!

    I'll be measuring on Monday. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do it Sharper! Have fun dancing tonight!! Don't worry about this week, you'll get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly, you are an inspiration! I am reading Mary's Thyroid Diet book right now and trying to decide which one to try. This is because of you! I don't think I'm brave enough to post my weight on my blog though; you have been very brave to do that! Keep up the great work! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Molly,
    Just wanted to say Congrats on your all your successes and wonderful journey! You are truly an inspiration :) I was diagnosed with Graves about 2 months ago - on my birthday. My doctor says I must have had it for several years because of my clinical description, also I was in the 3% of patients that gains weight (lucky me -plop). Anyhow, I will be having surgery in 2 weeks, 5/28. I am definitely nervous and a little scared, but after lengthy discussions we have decided it is the way to go.
    Thank you so much for your blog! I read it every day and I am hopeful that I will be able to win my life back soon. I do know it will be tough but having found you is like a little ray of sunshine in a very stormy day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda -- Thank you so much! Just a quick note, if you find that all three of the diets are what you should do, go with the free form! It's what I'm doing! I'll be cheering you on!

    Lucia -- Thank you so much :) Oh my goodness what a horrible birthday present! What are you going to be having surgery on, are you getting your thyroid removed?? I will definitely be praying for you! Getting your life back is the best feeling, I don't feel amazing thyroid wise but knowing that I'm changing something that according to Drs can't be changed...makes me feel amazing. I love knowing I'm in control. Thank you for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Molly! Thanks for your reply :) I'm getting my thyroid removed indeed. After consulting with a bunch of doctors I found one amazing endocrinologist and he explained me all the options and because of the degree of Graves I was suffering surgery is the only way to ensure it goes away. Of course, now I'll be going hypo and enjoying all the wonders of that condition woo hoo (not) ;) I will make sure to keep in touch! I am actually a dancer and haven't been able to work out at all nor control the weight gain even with dieting. So, I'm looking forward to a new phase and the adventures to come with it. I hope to maybe contribute a thing or two from my little and humble experience. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and enjoy your treat day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with everything Lucia and I hope you can get up and dancing again soon! I'll be praying for you and I really hope this helps everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Molly,
    You will never know how much your blog has helped me!!! I had just lost ALL hope when I came across your blog.I have hypothyroidism and I had hit rock bottom.You gave me back that fire in me that I had blown out!! I thanked God when I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fightinhypo -- thank you so much for that, that definitely made me tear up. I'm praying for you...I hope things start going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Molly hope the weekend is going well. I got the book from the library on Saturday, must say I was a little daunted... but I guess its always like that when you are trying something new... cant help but be hesitant, thinking will this work etc.. I am going to do the free form plan, and am planning on starting tomorrow.

    Jen (NZ)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jen! I'm glad you got it! Some of my earlier blogs are about making it not seem like so much! I can't remember which numbers I believe it's 6&7 check them out and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks Molly xx
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you so much for sharing. I had never heard of the thyroid diet until Mary Shoman posted your blog. Now I'm trying it out myself. I was wonderinf if you would be willing to list some of your menu's. I'm having a hard time figuring out what to eat and getting into a pattern of just eating the same foods. You can also email me I think my email is attached to my profile. thanks so much for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jen and Lucia -- You're welcome!!! <3

    Johnny&Maisy -- I hadn't heard of the thyroid diet until 2 days before I started it! I was thinking, "how had no one ever told me about this?!" hahaha I actually couldn't find your e mail on your profile but I usually eat:
    Breakfast -- 1/2 whole wheat english muffin, 1 tsp of butter, 4 oz of milk and 1 small apple
    Lunch -- 1/2 whole wheat english muffin, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 string cheese
    Dinner -- 3-6 oz of protein (only 6 oz of chicken, usually 3 oz of turkey or red meat) I have either 5 lg olives, or 1 tsp of butter melted on my turkey/chicken for fat.
    Also throughout the day and during my meals I eat lots of veggies, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers.
    I drink 80 oz of water a day...and I think that's it

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you molly! I think I'm following her carb sensitive plan so it has me eating alot more protein than that. Are you getting enough fiber? That's where I'm struggling the most, is finding the foods with fiber!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh okay! Yea just put in more protein! I am eating fiber...but not as much as I'm supposed to :/ I check every little thing to see if there is fiber in it. You could take fiber supplements?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Molly the t-tap is that a visual thing? I have tried looking it up but not sure. I think your doing awesome from what I am reading. I need to get back into drinking 64 to 80 oz of water but it is hard sometimes. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Malaina -- I know for the first month drinking that much water was hard! But now there are sometimes I'll have over 100 oz because I crave water! hahah T-Tapp is a workout by a lady named Teresa Tapp, she has DVDs for the workout, just put in TTapp in google and it should be one of the top listings! it's really awesome I hope you get to check it out

    ReplyDelete