Monday, May 10, 2010

14.

YAY I'M BACK! haha, BTW we are in the process of fixing the non working Internet at our place! It was so hard being able to read your comments and not comment back! For those of you who just started reading the blog, that top line should explain it haha! I pretty much disappear during the weekends. Well hello everyone and happy Monday! I have wonderful news to share with you....at the end of my post haha. First of all I'd like to thank Stephanie D for giving me a heads up that not all places put fluoride in their water! She said to check with your local water district and ask them! And speaking of water, I know bottled water can be harmful, I've read a lot about it. But that's what my Doctor prefers me to drink. I also, since I can't afford bottled water all the time, have a filter on my faucet that filters the water three times. So I drink both of those!

A lot of you have been wondering about my TSH levels and my medications. I honestly can't remember every medication I've taken and what doses they were. But to give you a little insight, I have tried 6 (...it might be 5) different thyroid medications since I switched over to, and was diagnosed with Hypo 3 1/2 years ago. Both T3 & T4...sometimes together. And my dose (except for 3 times that I can remember) Has been increased every 6-8 weeks in that time. (1 was a decrease and 2 were stay the same) So yea! Kinda crazy and as you can tell I can't remember everything haha! But at the moment I'm taking Levoxyl (which I guess is a T4) at 275 mcg. And although I've had rough times this has worked the best. Now for my labs, I do not have every single lab report with me, some have been thrown away, some are MIA, and the ones from before I moved here are with my current Doctor. But I did find a few starting in July of last year and so here is a little bit about how crazy my TSH is! (oh BTW...my T3 and T4 are pretty much perfect every time...the only thing ever out of wack is TSH)
July 10, 2009 -- TSH = >150 (I was telling someone it was unchartable...and I couldn't remember what the top number was...but this was it. 150 is the highest chartable and mine was higher than that)
September 9, 2009 -- TSH = 2.7 (within range)
October 19, 2009 -- TSH = .1 (low)
December 14, 2009 -- TSH = 13.1
January 29. 2010 -- TSH = 22.8
Before that >150 happened it was always in the 50s and 70s. I just can't find those lab reports for the life of me. So as you can see my TSH jumps around.

I was talking with my mom this weekend and I was telling her some of the things I want to be thin enough to do, and I thought I would share them with you. 1. The obvious, I would love for people to not stare at me and think I'm a huge pig when I'm not. 2. I can't fit into a small car's backseat seat belts! I want to not have to worry about that 3. We fly to California about once a year, and I can't fit into most of the airplanes seat belts. Yes I know they can give you extenders but I'm too mortified to ask :( I honestly can't wait to just be able to go "click" without struggling with it. We're going in December...and I'm hoping I get to do that then! 4. I want to be able to fit in the movie theater seats comfortably without having to put up the armrest! and 5. I would love to go shopping...and not cry every time I get home. If any of you feel like this, you're not alone. I feel for you, my heart breaks for you...and just know, it will happen. There will be a time where we won't have to worry about these things anymore!

Okay now for my exciting news :) I had a wonderful weekend! my hubby and I bought and put together a new entertainment center and shelves, it looks amazing! I got my treats on Saturday (which in the morning I weighed 301) :) Frozen yogurt, and pasta from Macaroni Grill, yum! Sunday morning I woke up and still lost weight! I weighed 300.2! I did really well on my diet yesterday and I just have to say....(sigh) I guess I sorta kinda maybe went under 300 :) :) :) AHH!!!!!!! This morning after my walk I weighed in at 298.8! I NOW HAVE A 2 AT THE BEGINNING OF MY WEIGHT!!!! That was my first big hurdle! My next hurdle is to lose a total of 30 lbs, which I am so close to! I have lost 23.2 lbs so far, in only 28 days! After that, my next hurdle will be a combination of two. 1. Complete my first phase which is lose 59 lbs, and 2. Lose 60 lbs total. So they'll just be smashed together :) Remember! I'll post a new picture of me after every 30 lbs I lose! Thank you all for reading, and being excited with me! You all are so great! Until next time!

20 comments:

  1. Hi Molly,
    First I would like to say great job meeting your goal of getting under 300!!!! I think it's awesome that you are sharing your experiences and knowledge.

    I was diagnosed with hypo almost 2 1/2 years ago. It pretty much happened right after I had my son. It started with being extremely cold in the middle of August and then my arms were getting so tired that even to brush my teeth took a huge effort. So off to the doctors I went and I was diagnosed with hypo.

    I recently just started to feel like myself again for the most part. I read of few of Mary's books and took some advice from her. I currently use the Energy revitalizing drink with the vitamin b supplements. I am also vitamin b deficient and my body does not really absorb the pill through my stomach. I was getting shot every week but once I started using this drink I don’t need the shot any longer. I highly recommend this Energy drink I think it is awesome. I can tell a big difference when I don't take it. One of the main problems is feel angry or having an extremely short fuse. Sometimes I don't even no why I mad, but I am. That is very difficult when you have a 3 year old and a husband that has no clue what it is like to have a thyroid problem because of course you don't want to take it out on them. Although it has been a lot better, I still sometimes have that feeling. I never realized how much your thyroid does for your body and of course the doctors don't tell you that either. I had to figure things out for myself by reading and research.
    I am glad I found your blog and I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss.
    One question, I was making a drink with soy protein and flaxseed, which I was, feel great drinking, but after reading your blog I see that soy is not good for thyroid patients. Is it okay in moderation or do you think it is not okay at all? I did do my research of course everything I read is vague

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molls, I am so proud of you!! Way to go sister! I am really excited and wish I could be there to hug you and celebrate with you.
    Love you, sis! ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU SO MUCH SISTER! Next time I see you, you'll be able to hug me all the way around!

    Anonymous -- I'm so sorry that you've gone through this too! I'm glad you found that drink that is really helping you! As for soy, it's in pretty much everything so it's hard to avoid. But if it's in the ingredients, thyroid patients are only supposed to have it if it's not in the top 5 ingredients. From what I heard, if you can help it you shouldn't have it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!!! Goodbye 300!!! Sounds like you are doing great, Molly!

    My week #1 is complete and I've lost a total of 2lbs. Since my doctor's visit, I've lost a total of 3.5lbs. I need to do my measurements when I get home this evening and see where that weight dropped off of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a motivation for me and SO many others! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, so great to "stumble" on your blog. I too have had hypo for about 5 years (I think), and like you struggle with my weight. (After reading your blog, I have now ordered Mary Shohom's book!).

    Thanks for sharing your experiences and helping me/us get through this. Life is a journey and much easier if we can share it with friends! (albeit "cyber friends"!) Jen

    (by the way I live in NZ!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy that I came across your blog Molly! I really enjoy reading all your updates, and the fact that its coming from another married young woman lol (I'm 22). I put Mary's books onhold at the library and I can't wait to get on this diet. I only recently been diagnosed with hypothyroid, but my Dr. said I probably had it for a while now and it has just gotten worse in the last 2-3yrs.

    Good luck with the rest of your journey, I am going to keep coming back and checking in. I know you were looking for encouragement and motivation etc....you should check out sparkpeople.com idk if you are familiar with it but you could track your calories, workouts and its FREE lol. Its basically a myspace for people who are trying to lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Molly glad to hear you reached your first goal Wow! that's awesome! As for me I have had a minor set back but I'm ok, Just like you I'm going to keep on going!!!!! You just dont know how much reading your blog helps me, You inspire me not to give up and if you can do this I know I can do this as well. Keep on going Molly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharper -- THANKS AND CONGRATS! I saw your measurments on facebook I'm super excited for you girl! I'm cheerin you on!

    Breeda -- Thank you so much! And I saw your facebook status...you CAN do this! I promise! I'll be praying for you

    Jen -- I'm glad you ordered the book! I hope you enjoy it and it helps you understand a lot! I definitely agree I don't feel anywhere near alone now that I have all of you there encouraging me :) It makes this diet, and just living with thyroid, so much easier!

    Emmy -- Sorry you're getting into this super lame life of thyroid problems, but I'm glad you found me so now you have a bunch of us to go through it with you! Haha everyone always calls me the baby! I'm glad there's someone else right there at my age! How long have you been married? (1.5 years for me!) And I'm definitely going to check out that site as soon as I'm done with this!

    Brenda -- Don't stress the set backs! You will get there, and you're still moving forward that's what's important! I'm proud of you and you can definitly do it lady! We're all right here rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey molly congrats on the weight loss, u are doing great girl
    u are in my preyer's

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Anonymous, i also feel so helpless when i am angry for no reason
    I saw the same thing with my mother, after her thyroid problem and she is a very very mild person in every sense.
    Since my TSH level became normal, i have seen the anger problem totally resolved, now i use it as an indicator that my TSH is moving out of the normal range

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANKS ASP! and thanks for bringing me back to the anger issue Anonymous brought up! I not only get mad for no reason at all...but I get extremely upset for no reason. And this is obviously a thyroid problem...we all know that. Just know we're all in the same boat! haha My husband is SO wonderful for putting up with my mood swings. He deals with it all, screaming and trying to pick fights, bawling my eyes out and when he asks why saying I DON'T KNOW!!!! yep..he's pretty amazing! hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on reaching the 200's! you must be so proud of yourself. I've been reading Mary's book and i'm going to follow her diet. it seems to be mainly low gi foods. Can you give us an idea of what you eat each day? i get confused about what i can and cannot eat on diets, so i tend to not try. but you've inspired me so i really want to give this a good go.

    Thanks
    Lizzie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been married for 2.5 years now... I love it, and he's been really supportive with this whole thyroid issue. We're both bummed because we were going to try for a baby this summer while on vacation but that's out the window for now.... I have a Dr. appointment on Monday she's suppose to be really good, so we'll see. Hopefully we could try for a baby by the end of the year if my thyroid is under control/ I lose about 60lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi just popped by after reading about you on marys blog..WOW you go girl!lm so inspired! will definatly beome a regular reader so just keep swimming! will the diet help me or can it be possible to fit it around these allergies? l am allergic to(as well as the hypothyroid) milk/dairy eggs, wheat /cereal gluten, soya and soya milk rice and rice milk pepper ,banannas,lactose,garlic and dont eat fast sugars ( as an attempt to stave off the dreaded diabetis.lurking in the back ground!.( l drink well water ,almond milk and roiboos(red bush tea)...can the diet fit around these allergies?
    keep up the GREAT work!!!!!!see you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fustrated Thyroid : I was diangnosed with hypothyroid 3 years ago or so after having my 3rd child and ever since theN i haven't been able to loose weight any suggestions in how I can do this... I'm at the depression point about this... and I am tired of this thyroid thing .... Please help with comments or feel free to email me at mirnamaldo3@gmail.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lizzie -- thank you so much! I eat for breakfast: 1/2 whole wheat english muffin, 1 tsp of butter on it. and 1/2 cup of 2%milk. lunch: 1/2 whole wheat english muffin, 1 tbsp peanut butter on it. 1 string cheese. Dinner: it always changes, but I usuallyhave broccoli, some protein (chicken beef or turkey) and a fat (like another tsp of butter). If that fat isn't cooked in with whatever I'm eating, I'll eat 5 large black olives for my fat. Also...during the day I snack on cucumbers and an apple. Whenever I snack on these I always eat 5 olives with them! hope that helps. If you need more detail, either find me on facebook (molly jester) or email me molly.jester@hotmail.com
    Emmy -- oh that's so great that he's been so supportive! That is so important! I'm right there with you. I've had baby fever ever since my miscarriage almost a year ago. We weren't trying to get pregnant then...but now that's all I think about. My husband always says not right now. But I know that's best because I'm hugely over weight, and I don't feel good because of my thyroid...how could I take care of a baby when I don't feel good?! Keep me updated on your progress and your thoughts on babies. you're in my prayers!
    Donna -- Thank you! In the thyroid diet, there is a carb sensitive plan. And I think, not positive...there are no carbs. If there are, you don't have to eat them (because of the wheat) they're just a suggestion. Also a lot of the protein and fat you can eat on the diet is free of soy and dairy and lactose. I really think you can do this diet! Do you have The Thyroid Diet book? Check it out and see if you can do it. If not I'll look into it and see what you can eat. Do you have a facebook or an email where we can figure out a way to diet? let me know!
    Anonymous -- You should definitely try the diet I'm doing, The Thyroid Diet! We're all in the same boat with you, but you can do this! make sure you are also getting your blood work done. Are your numbers in a normal range?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Molly, I am so happy for you! I actually shed some tears when I read that you hit under 300 lbs. That is quite an accomplishment, and YOU have become the inspiration I need to battle my own weight issue, due to hypothyroidism. Keep up the good work, we are so proud of you!!!
    Hugs,
    Rudika

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww Rudika thank you, you are too sweet! I'll be praying for you I know how hard it is to do with a problem like hypothyroid. Thank you again...that was so sweet! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I sleep better and I find myself in a better mood after taking bovine thyroid supplements . It also helped my cycle and fertility.

    ReplyDelete