Friday, June 18, 2010

34.

HAPPY FRIDAY! Yay! Hope you're all doing amazing! Okay, so I set out for a goal of 2 lbs this week, and by Wednesday I really thought I was going to accomplish it. I stepped on the scale Thursday and I had gained .4 lbs so I was at 284. I was really confused because the only thing I did different on Wednesday was have some watermelon...I don't know if that's a bad thing to have?? So I went right back to my diet yesterday and I didn't lose any weight yesterday! Ahh! So I've only lost 1 lb this week so far -we'll see what happens this weekend. But I did lose 3.5 inches this week, so that made me happy! I don't know what was with the watermelon, but I'm starting to think I've hit the point where my weight loss is going to slow waaayyy down.

Working out on the elliptical for 20 minutes each day has been amazing, I'm not going to work out this weekend, but I think next week I will increase my time by one minute each day...and then the following week I'll do a whole week of 25 minutes. As for my treats, I think I'm only going to have frozen yogurt this weekend. I'm not used to gaining during the week, so if it's like that now I want to take it easy this weekend. Hope you all have a great time! Until next time ;-)

6 comments:

  1. Hey Molly
    Don't forget that whilst you're working hard on the eliptical you're building lovely muscle, as well as toning up.
    So there will be occasional weeks where the weight loss doesn't show on the scales, but I bet it does on a tape measure!
    Keep it up girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I was wondering about that too! So I guess we'll just have to wait and see! I was definitely excited when I still lost inches! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Molly! Measuring the inches you lose is the best way to track your progress :) Cardio helps you burn calories but also builds up muscle, which weighs more than fat. So, for the first few weeks you may not see any changes in the scale or even gain weight (muscle). The awesome news is that muscle helps to burn fat! So, before you know it you will see a drop in weight parallel to those inches! YAY!! I'm so happy for you!
    You are such an inspiration and I feel super lucky for having found your blog :)
    Hugs,
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucia -- I know I can't believe I didn't start measuring until a month in! I wish I would have. Yes muscle! The only thing is I wish I could know if it was muscle or if it was just a stall you know?? Thank you so much!!! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly! I know, there's always that question - but if your measures are going down in your waist, tummy and underarms you can be sure you are losing fat :) I'm going to try and find this site where they explain all these tricks to track whether you are losing muscle or fat. There's also this thingy you can buy to measure muscle gain...hmm...I'll also try and find that info for you. Anyhoo, either way losing inches rocks! So yay!
    I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I'm doing really good, I've been working out everyday for the last 2 weeks and feel sooo good :)
    Hugs!
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucia -- awesome! Definitely let me know when you find those! I'm so glad you're doing good! Every day for 2 weeks?? WOO! Go Lucia!!

    ReplyDelete