Friday, June 4, 2010

28.

okay NOW it's Friday! WOO!! haha :) Hope you are all doing well, and I really hope this post makes sense because I'm super excited and bouncing in my chair and typing way too fast. So on Tuesday I said I wanted to weigh 286 by Friday...I didn't make it; I weighed in this morning at 287.8. But I've lost 2 lbs since Tuesday and I'm happy with that :) I have lost 34.2 lbs in less than two months. (next week is two months) I'm incredibly proud of that!

Friday is also measuring day as we all know...and I lost 3.5'' all over my body this week. My Mom told me that it is usually: For every pound you lose, you lose an inch. So 3.5" while losing 2 lbs?? Yes please!!! I lost .5'' in my waist, 2 inches in my abs, and .5 an inch in each calf. It has been one month since I've started measuring myself, and in that month I have lost 26.5'' all over!! Woo :) So I've been a little bummed that I've only lost half an inch in each arm over the last month, but then my Dad told me "Well that's a big percent of your arm!" So I decided to find out how much (percentage wise) I have lost in each part of my body so far...it was really fun finding this out! soooo this past month, I've lost a total of:

Arms: 5'', 5'' = 2.9%, 2.9%
Bust: 4'' = 7.1%
Waist: 4" = 8.3%
Abs: 4" = 6.8%
Butt: 3.5" = 6.5%
Upper Thigh: 1.5'', 1.5'' = 4.6%, 4.6%
Lower Thigh: 1'', 1'' = 4.2%, 4.2%
Calf: 2.5'', 2.5'' = 12.5%, 12.5%

Woo hoo hoo hoo! Okay...when I read over it, it was even a little confusing for me so here we go:
In 7 weeks I have lost: 34.2 lbs, or 10.6% of my body weight
In the last month I have lost: 26.5" off my body, or 8.5% of my body

I have the biggest smile right now I can't wait to tell my hubby! These last two weeks slowed down a lot and the weekends gave me some trouble but I'm gonna keep on keeping on. I had to leave way early for work today and I got up an extra hour early so I could still work out/weigh/measure. I'm proud of that! I would've rather slept haha. Oh and one last thing!!! I have 24.8 lbs to lose until I am done with phase 1, and I have 5.8 lbs to lose until I have lost 40 lbs!! ahhh!!! so excited! I'm hoping I will have lost those 5.8 lbs by Friday, June 25 (3 weeks away) Which would pretty much be perfect because since I'm still trying to lose 9lbs a month before we go to California for Christmas I would need to lose 3.8 lbs by the 25th of June. So let's do this! Hehe! I hope you all have great weekends! I'll respond to comments as much as I can this weekend, and I'll have another post for you on Monday! Until next time ;-)

22 comments:

  1. You are doing great Molly!!!! Keep up the good work and remember if you fall off the wagon just pick your self up and keep moving forward!!! Your postive attitude will keep you motivated. Have a great weekend. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Heather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly this is amazing! So inspiring! I had a thought when you were talking about the phases. I don't know if you're really into the whole rubber bracelet trend but I found this website www.goalpatrol.com and they sell the bracelets in a pack of 5. You set a main goal and then break it down into 5 mini goals and switch bracelets each time you get to a new step. It's a small thing but it can be super powerful. I'm on step 2 of my goal and I was so excited to switch bracelets. Having something on my wrist reminds me and that helps too. Another thing...people ask me about the bracelet and sharing my goal helps with the motivation. Just thought you might be interested. Keep on keepin' on! --Linda S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda -- Oh wow that is a great idea! I'm about to leave work but later tonight I'm totally looking into that! Thank you so much for bringing that up to me and I'm so excited for you to switch bracelets! yay!! keep going lady you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Molly that's GREAT you are doing wonderful.I have lost my motivation to start my diet again.... I am not sure why. But reading your blog has helped me jump start my diet again. I looked into the bracelets it's a cute idea I will try anything I ordered the magenta color for summer.Keep kicking that thyroids ass Molly!!!!!! I'm going to put on my boxing gloves and start figting mine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BRILLIANT Molly! your doing FANTASTIC!!34.2lbs in less than two months! l think you are well on course for a Christmas preesie from yourself!!
    keep on disapearing!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fightinhypo -- Thank you so much!! good luck I'll be praying for you to keep motivated! it can be so hard to keep it sometimes! I'm going to look into the bracelets in just a minute I'm excited!

    Donna -- Thank you so much! I'm definitely hoping I'll stay on this course! Bring it on airplane & Christmas...I'll be shrinking! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Ms. Molly !! you are doing AWESOME!!! I cant wait until after my surgery so I can get back on this Diet again...By the way thank you for your response! So your almost finished with phase 1 and in such a short amount of time!! Awesome! God is Good! Well they tell me I might be out of work 4-6 wks. I am hoping it will only be 4 wks. but I'm not going to push it! So I'll have lot's of time to read your blog and hit you up with some comments! I've said it once and I'll say it again your blog is such an inspiration! God bless you! remember 'NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!!' Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Brenda!!! Yes definitely don't push it! Because if you go back before you're ready...you might end up out even longer! ahh! haha Your surgery is THIS Monday right?? I'm praying for you! Yay for comments! haha I love getting comments! Thank you Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your progress is amazing, Molly. Keep after it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im super proud of you! You are inspiring me to try the diet :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY ELLABELLABLUE!!!!! sorry I had to put the whole name on there it's fun to say realllly fast :) haha and thank you you are so sweet! Let me know how the diet goes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, congratulations on your awesome weight loss! (I had to convert your pounds because we work in kilos over here)

    It is very encouraging, especially for those of us who are in the very early stages of following the thyroid diet.

    xxx
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jen -- Thank you! Oh hahahah I have a converter on my phone for it...I'll try to post it in lbs and kilos next time! How is the thyroid diet going for you? Please let me know and GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Molly, well its not!! I have been starting it and then not continuing it.. I know terrible!!! I am not sure what is wrong with me!!!! I am going for a weigh in at the gym today, so we shall see....

    Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also got side tracked looking into that HCG diet information, I thought I might try it, but from what I have read it is a bit of a hoax....

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there, just got back from gym, have lost weight, cant remember how much, I think 400g which is 0.881849049 pounds! But weird thing was my fat content ie body fat had stayed the same.... Yeah, its one of those fancy machines which measures fat, muscle, etc..

    Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jen -- Congrats on the weight loss! Well don't worry it may take a little while for the body fat to start going down but I'm sure when you continuously lose weight it will start going down! Good luck Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Molly, thanks so much xx I think sometimes those scales can be a bit "iffy" ie hard to get an accurate reading... so I guess a loss is a loss, and my measurements are going down at least. I must do what you have done though is measure more! I have only been measuring my bust, waist and hips

    Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yea I'm measuring almost everything....that's able to be measured anyway haha! Yea that's what I have to tell myself when I don't see a lot going down that week. Any loss is better than a gain! Good luck and I agree that scales can be weird! Yesterday I weighed 8 times and got a different reading every time. (that's not usual)

    ReplyDelete
  21. EEEE!!! Molls I'm so excited for you!!!! I'm so proud of you darling!

    ReplyDelete