Monday, June 7, 2010

29.

Monday, Monday..BA BAAAA BA BA.BA.BA! hahaha okay okay. How is everyone?! I've been trying to comment and write my new post but Blogger.com has been down! It's working now though, so here we go :) So I gained .2 lbs over the weekend I'm at 288 again. But I blame that entirely on myself. Along with my treat that I had Saturday...I also had cake yesterday too. AHH! It wasn't even a full slice but I seriously couldn't help myself, and it was delicious! I'm doing really well on my diet this morning, and I worked out on the elliptical for 15 minutes this morning :) So I have a plan for this week, and a goal once again! Every day I would like...err...AM going to increase my time on the elliptical by one minute, so on Friday I will be doing 19 minutes and next week will be 20 minutes all week long. Sound good? I can do this! Also this Friday I want to be down 3 lbs -weighing in at 285 lbs- Let's see if I can make it! 

VERYYYYY IMPORTANT -- Our lovely Brenda is having/had surgery today! Please keep her in your prayers, and Brenda...we can't WAIT for you to get back to us!

So we were going to a gradution on Saturday and I had nothing to wear, so my wonderful husband actually went into the store with me and he didn't complain at all! (it doesn't matter that we were only there for 15 min...he's awesome for going with haha) So I was trying on some shirts and I fell in love with them and guess what! They were 3x and they're just a tiny bit big. (at first I thought they were 2x...and I just realized I'm wrong but I'm still excited haha) When I started this I was wearing 4x and they were a perfect size...so a 3x being slightly big is super exciting!

Alright MEN I'm about to talk girl stuff...so if you'd like you can stop reading the post here have a wonderful day I'll talk to y'all later! Okay LADIES...so I've been struggling with something for the past monthish but the first time it happened I thought it was just a fluke...now I know it's not. My time of the month is coming every other week. This is my fourth one in a month and a half, and my real one is supposed to start in a week! This 4th one has been going on for a week now and so far isn't slowing down. I'm going to call my Doctor later to see what she thinks...but this is so lame. The only other time this has ever happened to me was when I had Graves' Disease -hyperthyroidism- So I'm going to try to go get a blood test done soon to see where my TSH levels are at. So keep me in your prayers that this will stop...because now I'm doing the cramping and the cravings way more than I need right now! Anyone else have this problem? Okay well, remember I'm going to try to go up a minute every day on the elliptical and I'm going to try to lose another 3lbs by Friday! I'll keep you all updated. Have a great Monday, until next time ;-)

14 comments:

  1. Hey Molly! I am just now catching up on all your post. I will praying for you and hope your doctor visit goes well. I have done awful on the diet and pretty much need to just start over. I saw my doctor last week and she pretty much just told me nicely I need to lose weight. So Im starting over again. Im leaving friday on mission trip so Im kinda of nervous about starting the diet hard core right now. I am thinking about waithing till I get back to start and in the mean time just try to stay off sweets and breads. What do you think?
    Take care and Ill be praying
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan -- Thank you so much! That's okay, just start over when you can and good luck I'll be praying for you! Just wait til you get back that will be perfect where are you going for your missions trip?? God bless and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Molly! I will be going to Nicaragua for a medical mission trip! I am very excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Molly! I am sorry to hear about your problem...hmm...I am sorry I can't help with any insight. The only thing I can think of is that your system is kind of going nuts with all the weight loss? Maybe not, but we thyroid people do tend to have "crazy" reactions :) On the bright side, maybe once you figure it out you will lose tons of pounds :D
    Anyhoo my friend, I will be praying for you and please keep us posted.
    Hugs,
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly -
    i feel like i've had every problem that you've been mentioning in all of your posts! i NEVER had a normal period. since it started, i'd been getting it every other week for a full week. my doctors were stumped, mumbled something about out of whack hormones, and finally after trying to figure out what was wrong with me for 6 years, suggested i go on the depo shot. the depo shot stopped my period, + i've never been happier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan -- Good luck and be safe!!

    Lucia -- Thank you so much! yea I've just been really confused and annoyed by it! So we'll see I'll let you all know if I ever find out what's up!

    Amy -- Oh wow that's crazy! Isn't it so much nicer to know someone else knows what you're going/went through?! I will definitely check that out thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fightinhypo (Melissa)June 7, 2010 at 8:10 PM

    Hi Molly I have the opposite problem i haven't had my cycle for two months but for me I know it is my weight. As soon as I begin to loose the weight my cycle is normal again. I am thinking that this might be happening to you as well......I am sure it's nothing serious. You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa -- Thank you for that! Yea I'm not so much worried as annoyed! You know what I mean? I'm just ready for it to be over haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey molly!
    just checking on you - i hope you are feeling better :)
    lucia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Molly,

    Your story is very similar to mine. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's in 1996 after a 40 pound weight gain over a period of 9 months. I also was very thin and active prior to the unexpected weight gain (again probably hyper at that time) and have struggled ever since. I was devastated by the weight gain, depression, body aches, loss of hair and eye brows, etc., etc. It took 3 years of discipline to lose 30 lbs and now after an incredibly stressful year of multiple family illnesses I have regained 20lbs. I am back at it again and have found your words encouraging. I also picked up a used copy of the Thyroid Diet by Mary Shomon and have been incorporating a lot of it into my current efforts. I wanted to also let you know that after I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's I developed fibroids and have had irregular and heavy periods. One doctor gave me a Depo shot and unlike your other poster, I had a horrible experience with it. And it took me almost a year to feel normal. Remember it is a hormone they are injecting you with and we thyroid sufferers have enough hormonal imbalances! So I just had to add my two cents here when I saw the Depo reference...proceed cautiously! Best of luck my dear. I know how hard it is but you are certainly worth the work. Deb S.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Lucia -- Sorry it's been so long I'm about to do another post right now!! HUGS!

    Deb -- Thank you so much, and I am so sorry for the struggles you have to deal with! You are definitely on my prayer list,and good luck losing the weight. It's hard but you'll get there. Thank you for your thoughts on the Depo. I wasn't going to do it because I'm afraid of what things will do to my thyroid (my birth control -that's good for thyroid- freaks me out haha!) I do love hearing everyone's opinions on things and plus when I hear what you all have to say it helps me when someone else asks me questions later. So thank you! You are too sweet and good luck with everything

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Molly - just found your blog.

    I would cooncur with others, your crazy cycle is *definitely* thyroid-related. my cycles dance to the beat of their own drum, and there's just no predicting when it'll turn up and make my life a misery. Where my TSH is at doesn't appear to have muchcorrelation with regards to whether I'm on a weeky, fortnightly, monthly, 6-weekly or two-monthly cycle....sorry I know that's not much help , but if its any consolation know that you're not alone in having horrid, mad & irregular cycles. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Molly I love your blog and your spirit!! Keep going and know that there are ALOT of people here cheering you on!!
    I am not sure if I missed it somewhere on blog. But have you also been diagnosed with PCOS? (poly cystic ovarian syndrome) It is ALL intertwined. I have Hashi's and my daughter has PCOS. Also, is someone monitoring your hormones (not just thyroid)
    If I knew what I know now back then...:-)
    Best Wishes and continued success! Blessings on you!
    Terah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fuzzy -- hahaha I love how you put that about your cycle. No I totally understand where you're coming from and mine seems to be the exact same! Thank you for sharing you're too funny!

    Terah -- Thank you so much! I actually have not been diagnosed with PCOS but I also did not know it was all connected! How crazy is that I will ask my Dr. No one is monitoring my hormones (other than thyroid) But I will definitely ask my Dr about all of that when I see her next month! Thank you so much for all of that I had NO idea! Good luck with you and your daughter

    ReplyDelete