Thursday, June 3, 2010

27.

Hello everyone :) So I have definitely been thinking that today was Friday...allll day. What a bummer to realize it's not! haha How is everyone doing? Okay well the hubbs and I bought an elliptical machine either in December or January. But the weight limit is 275, and as we all know I was WAY over that limit. I've used it less than 10 times since we've had it because I'm afraid of breaking it, not because it would have been a waste of money...but because that would have crushed me. (I'd already broke a metal bed frame. yea.) I kept saying I'll use it more when I lose weight -um hello Molly...you have to work out to lose weight, especially if you have thyroid problems- well that was all before I started the Thyroid Diet and my 2 miles of walking every day. I'm still over that 275 weight limit, but only by 13 pounds so I decided yesterday that imma hop on that thing and I'm going to work out! :) I went for 15 minutes and I was dripping sweat, (I sweat during my 40 mins of walking...but nothing like that) and when I was done -and breathing again hah- I was like YEA! A morbidly obese person just did that! I was so proud of myself. So I did it again this morning...it was definitely a lot easier, I was still sweating and I couldn't make it past the 15 mark but I was happy with it! I'm hoping either this coming week or the week after I'll be able to bump it up to 20 minutes!

I love having something to workout on in my apartment for so many reasons:
1. We keep it freezing in our place so it feels good even when I'm drenched in sweat
2. No one else is watching me -unless hubby hasn't gone to work yet..oh well and my puppy haha
3. I watch my recorded shows on the DVR while I'm working out, as loud as I want.
4. It is now officially summer in Texas...and even at 7 in the morning it is REALLY hot
5. My biggest fear is bees/wasps etc. And they're everywhere outside even in the morning. And my apt is a BEE FREE ZONE! ;-)
So thank you babe for letting me buy that and putting it together for me I love you :)

Okay well since I now know that today is not Friday, that means I still have one day before I need to get to the 286 mark...but unfortunately, I don't know if I'm going to make it. I have lost 1.6 lbs since Tuesday :) which I am SO excited about but that means I'm at 288.2. Unless something amazing happens today and I lose 2.2 lbs I wont make it, but that's okay! I'm still incredibly happy with a 1.6 lb loss in two days!

Alright well y'all are amazing and thanks for the encouragement! I hope you are all doing well! Keep telling me those stories! I love getting to know you! Until next time!

6 comments:

  1. hey thats so cool you now have something to work out on at home. I have been thinking of getting something too. I will have to google "elliptical machine" to find out what it is! :) Thanks for your encouraging words on the previous day's comments. xxx Keep on truckin!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly,
    All I have to say is - Good for you Girl!! 15 minutes is a great accomplishment. I can do about 25 on an elliptical before I can't breathe anymore.
    I started a blog today myself and I'm sure I'll post more about my struggles with thyroid cancer, hypothyroidism and such so feel free to visit.
    Glad to read your blog today!! Almost Friday, wahoo
    K-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen -- OOOO elliptical machine is AMAZING okay so it is like you're walking/running...but you're not. haha and it's really easy on your knees compared to a treadmill! Definitely check it out!

    K -- Thanks Katie!! I know I used to be able to go for a while on the elliptical and before the thyroid diet I was like hmm 5 min and I'm done. But I was definitely excited about the 15 min thank you for being excited with me! yay! I'll check out your blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY Molly! This is so exciting! I wish I had an elliptical at home - I am flirting with the idea of buying a treadmill, because it is so hot outside that I know I would just melt down if I tried to go out to walk or something :O) But I am a little scared of assembling it wrong and then it going crazy on me or something. We'll see, we'll see ;)
    Anyhoo, it is friday! yay! Only 2 days for my steri-strips to come out and then I am heading to the nearest pool to float. Hehe.
    I hope you have a great day and a wonderful weekend. I am so proud of your progress!! I am getting ready to start the diet myself (hopefully next week) and working out a little. Yay for burning yucky pounds! Woo hoo.
    Hugs!!
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Molly! I love my elliptical. I remember being able to go 15 minutes at first, but before long, I was up to 30. You'll get there too! Even now, that I can go 45 minutes, the first 15 feels the worst. Thank you for your inspirational words. I struggle with you and you have made me see that I shouldn't give up, even when things aren't going exactly how I'd like them to. I'm in Texas too, and Friday, we got rain and a cool day! How about you?
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucia -- oh man I can't even tell you how much easier it is having one in your own home! I love it haha! Oh it took us HOURS to put our elliptical together...it was frustrating but so worth it! Yay they're almost off! I'm super excited for you and man oh man a pool sounds AHHHmazing right now! Have an awesome weekend and let me know when you start! Good luck I'm so so excited for you!!

    Alicia -- woo!!! that's a long time! So do you get a second wind after the first 15 then? I'll have to see what happens when I push for longer. Trust me I know where you're coming from...I Have a lot of times where I'm struggling but then I look at the bigger picture, and how much better losing weight is than gaining and I get over it haha! So I'm glad I could help...trust me these blogs are written after I've had some time to pout about things hahah! OOO where in Texas are you?? We had a nice storm...I guess two nights ago? loved it!

    ReplyDelete