Monday, August 2, 2010

52.

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you are all doing fabulous and had great weekends! Mine was good but definitely had a lot going on! So over the course of last week and especially this weekend, I found my motivation again :) Yay! But I'm also really weird about being motivated for diets. Once I hit that YEAH! LET'S DO THIS state of mind, I have to take 1-2 days of eating things that definitely will not be on my diet, or eating more than normal. I didn't over-do it this weekend; I just wasn't thinking about my diet at all! And as weird as that might sound, it helped me get so pumped for this morning! So I did gain 1 pound this weekend and am back at 280.0 but I'm not worried about it. I have a feeling this plateau is over starting today; so I'm sure that 280 is gonna peace out soon! I feel like this is the very first day of the Thyroid Diet, and that's really what I needed! I'm so excited!!! Actually, shopping with my size 0 and XS cousin AGAIN was what helped me get motivated. I was thinking, "I've lost over 40 pounds, but I can still only shop in two stores! I want to be able to shop in this store again!" And that's what did it! (For those of you new to my blog, shopping with her was what made me start the Thyroid Diet in the first place! haha) So I made a new menu, made a workout chart; and along with the goals I've always had, I made a bunch of small goals in between now and Christmas. And speaking of my menu, I don't post my menu on here, because I think everyone needs their own. No one has the same body/metabolism and so my menu can't work for everyone. And plus, not everyone likes the same foods. That's why Mary gives a list of foods to choose from. Also, there are three different types of the Thyroid Diet, so I might not be doing the one that is right for you. Anyway, I hope that makes sense. I just feel like the best thing to do, if you want to do the Thyroid Diet, is buy the book and make your own personalized menu off the list of foods Mary gives. Okay well I hope you all have a wonderful day! And I can't wait to see how this week goes and report it back to you guys! Thanks for the encouragement, I definitely needed it so much!! Until next time :)  

7 comments:

  1. Hi Molly, I am glad to hear that you had a good week and was able to find your motivation. I think the new menu will help alot because eating different foods will help you from getting bored. So good luck and I will be cheering you on. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! I know I'm so excited to see how the change helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading right along, and it seems as though you stopped losing weight when your thyroid dose was cut. I'm worried that you might be under treated now. Were you having hyper-thyroid symptoms? I'm feeling fine, and my TSH is entirely suppressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea for you! You sound so excited and motivated again, that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula -- Thanks for that thought but I think the weight loss stopped a little bit before that! I was hyperthyroid for about a month and a half and we're very very slowly cutting down on the dose. I take 275mcg every day and I'm taking 200mcg on Sunday. So I don't know if that was it but thank you so much for the thought!

    Linda -- Thanks! I definitely am, and I really hope this sends me back to how I was in the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly HAPPY NEW START!!you sound all reved up again..dont loose focus we know you can do it!!
    you will soon be shopping ANY WHERE you like for ANYTHING you like in what ever colour you like or design you like ..NOT just what you can get cos it fits!you know last year when l lost all my 2 1/2 stone even my feet got slimmer and l was able to wear NICE shoes..l too have made a new start today as my dr emailed me with test news! so here l go again..xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Donna! Yay! You can do it! Keep me updated please!

    ReplyDelete