Monday, August 16, 2010

58.

Happy Monday! :) I think we should all decide right now that this week is going to be amazing! How did your weekends go? Mine was a lot of fun! But weird, and EXTREMELY helpful to me with my diet. It's going to be hard to explain, just keep in mind that I'm a little weird with the ways I get ready for certain things and that it was very beneficial for me on the Thyroid Diet. So I got my motivation back two weeks ago, and then I got really sick so I was on soup and bananas only, and then once I was feeling better I started my time of the month again (rolls eyes) and my cravings were through the roof! I mean, worse than I've had in a very long time. Every day I was craving chocolate so much I seriously started to cry, it was ridiculous. As the weekend started getting closer my cravings for other foods started getting worse, I haven't craved foods off the diet this bad at all in the last four months.  Now, there's something you need to know about me... If I want something....I want it now. So here's what I did. Friday night (which I surprisingly still lost weight after) Saturday and Sunday, I let myself eat whatever I wanted. I only ate when I was hungry, but I had fries (Fri), chips, salsa and tortillas with my fajitas (Sat), a cookie (Sat), two slices of pizza (Sun) and split a small piece of cake with my hubby (Sun) this weekend. With eating all of that I had a bunch of different feelings: 1. I do not want those foods anymore, because I don't like the way they make me feel 2. I bet I'm going to have gained 4 pounds when I get on the scale Monday 3. This is exactly what I needed.

See when I started the Thyroid Diet, my "treats" on the weekend was a cup of frozen yogurt, and sharing a plate a french fries with the hubbs; and even when that was it, I still felt like it was too much the majority of the time. Over the last month I have been eating more and more and craving more and more on the weekends. Now after this weekend of careless eating, I know that when the next weekend comes up (and many after that) I'm not going to be wanting those things anymore. I'm -mentally- back where I was at the beginning of the Thyroid Diet, and that's what I've been trying to do! I can feel it, and I'm already seeing it in how I view foods. I baked a cake for the husband yesterday (that was the piece I shared) and of course the rest of it is sitting on the counter. When we were cleaning up last night I was thinking, that's going to be hard having there this next week. But this morning I woke up, worked out, weighed and went to the kitchen to get breakfast and guess what! I gagged when I saw the cake! We also have soups, crackers, pasta and many other things that I love in the house and I can't imagine forcing those foods down my throat. I'm so excited this is what I've been trying to get at for the last three weeks! :) Oh and also, I didn't gain 4 pounds; but from Friday (278.2) I gained exactly 1 pound. This morning I weighed 279.2, normally I would be really annoyed with that, but let me tell you I am THRILLED! Because I can't wait to shake it off, and I can't wait for next weekend to come when I know I won't be worried about gaining weight.

So like I said, it's weird but so awesome for me. I can't wait to see where this takes me with the thyroid diet and how the weight comes off. Oh also! I'm going to be eating more calories, I was eating around 600 and starting today I will be back between 1000 and 1200 every day. I think the small amount I've been eating has also been really bad for me, and my body has been holding on to every little thing I've put in my mouth. So hopefully eating a little bit more will change everything! Okay, well this is long enough and I'm sure it's a little confusing haha! I hope you guys had a great weekend, and that you have a great day! Until next time :)  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Molly, Glad to see you are doing well and feeling good. I have read many times that you should not reward yourself with food when you are dieting that you should pick something like a facial,pedicure or clothing as a reward. It makes since because you just did all that work to lose the weight and then you eat something that is not all that good for you. Have you tried sweet potatoe fries they are pretty good and sweet potatoes are better for you then the yummy white potatoes. Well I will be cheering you on sounds like you are pretty focused. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you maintaining a positive outlook and gearing up for your diet again. It's amazing how once you steer clear of foods for a long time that they don't taste the way they used to and/or you can't stand the thought of them anymore because they make you feel terrible.

    I've been on a strict 30 day stretch of the Paleo diet and will be glad when I finally let off. I still think about junk food (mostly a mental comfort food thing) but I don't want it as much as I used to. I still think that we need those foods mentally once in awhile, but trying to eat in moderation is key. You keep pushing, girl! I know you'll get that extra pound off and get back on track in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather -- Thank you for your thoughts! I actually have, and I'm not the biggest fan of sweet potatoes :( But thanks for the suggestion I love to hear what other people do!

    Cerridwen -- Thank you! I know it's so crazy, and you're right I really notice how bad i feel after eating those! Oh! I have the Paleo Diet book! My boss follows it loosely (he and his family definitely don't need to lose weight, but they love to eat healthy) I know I think I used to be really good with moderation, and then I let myself get deprived somehow, I need to get back to the moderation and find a balance so i dont deprive myself of the foods. Thank you! I'm definitely feeling like this is it! I'm gonna keep going.

    ReplyDelete