Friday, August 20, 2010

60.

IT'S THANKFUL FRIDAY! okay...so maybe thankful Thursday works so much better; but I don't write posts on Thursday.....so there. Haha! Well happy Friday everyone, we made it through another wonderful week, and it's one week closer to Fall/Winter! Yay :) I am 278.4 pounds right now, so I've lost another .3 pounds since Wednesday...slow...very slow. But I'm okay with that. It's such a relief when you're losing, no matter how much; when all you are familiar with is gaining huge amounts...am I right? My husband and I have our two year Anniversary this coming Monday, so I'm sure we're celebrating it this weekend and some point and I'm very excited :) These last two years have flown by, and I'm excited to see what happens from here! What do you have going on this weekend?

Okay so Thankful Friday: (This is only somewhat blog/weight loss related) Okay, so just a small background on me first: I grew up in California and always said, "I'm not going to end up here!" haha well I'm in Texas now, so I guess I was right! But my family is all in California, and even though we've seen each other a lot the last couple of years; it's really hard sometimes. My parents are the most amazing parents and couple you'll ever meet, and ever since I left for college five years ago my Mom and I have become really close friends. I talk to her every day, sometimes four times a day (I'm amazing at forgetting what I called her to talk about...so I just keep calling. Haha!) and she is the only person I know who understands everything I'm going through. I was really lucky that she was a stay at home Mom, because she was able to take me to every single Dr appointment I had, so she was there for the emotional news and lab results to help me through it all. As for my Dad, nothing can put a smile on my face like he can. I am such a Daddy's girl, and he's always been there to help me understand the good in every situation. Also, thanks to them for changing church's and leading my family to Christ, without that change I would definitely not be where I am today. I also have two older sisters, both have two little kids and the oldest is pregnant again! :) We fought a lot growing up (like all sisters close in age do haha), but I don't know what I'd do without them now, they're amazing and very important in my life. Unfortunately, moving away has led me to not even meet my youngest nephew yet, and he's almost a year old. So as you can tell, my family and I are really close, and I love and miss them dearly. (that was all the background haha)
Today I was driving to work and thinking about the picture of my niece and youngest nephew my sister sent me yesterday, and how I felt like I was missing out; but then it hit me...Texas is where I need to be. First of all, I love it here (take away the heat and it would be perfect haha) second, my husband is here; and I'd follow him anywhere. Also, my Endocrinologist here in Austin, is the best one I've seen in the last 10 years. If my cousin here, who was a size 0 even when she was 9 months pregnant, hadn't wanted to go to the mall; I would have never found the Thyroid diet. Well, maybe I would have eventually somehow. But if I wasn't in Texas, I would have never started my blog so my family could see how I was doing; and none of the things happening in my life through this blog would be happening.

Okay that was really long...but this is basically what I'm getting at.
We all have Thyroid problems, and most of us have weight problems because of it. I left my family to be here in Texas with my amazing husband. But without the thyroid/ weight problems, and without being away from my family, the amazing things going on in my life through this blog wouldn't have ever happened.
A lot of times crappy situations can seem like the biggest and only thing going on in your life. I love when God shows me how even the worst times, are also the best for my life; and it drastically changes my perspective on everything going on.
SO for Thankful Friday:
-I am very thankful for the diseases/illnesses I've had in my life. It has made me a stronger person.
-I am very thankful for gaining so much weight. I was a really mean person growing up, especially to overweight people. Gaining weight changed me for the better.
-I am very thankful for my move to Texas. I miss my family horribly, but Texas was the best decision I could have made.
-I am very thankful for all the support I have. All of you reading my blog, my family in California, and my husband and cousin here in Texas. I wouldn't be able to do any of this without you guys :)


OKAY! That was a long post. Thankful Friday done :) Until next time.

9 comments:

  1. You are one of the wisest people I know, Molly, and at such a young age. You definitely have the spirit and the grace in you -- you have learned healing lessons it takes some people decades to master, and here you are, just a "youngster!" ;-) So proud to know you and call you a friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly, I couldn't have said it any better than Mary! You have been such an inspiration in my own weight loss journey! You are doing an awesome job! I hope you and your husband have a very happy 2nd anniversary on Monday! I'll be thinking of you! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sis, what a great post!!! So good to be reminded that EVERYTHING in our lives is for a purpose... and thank you for the sweet words! We love you and miss you so much!! Happy 2nd Anniversary!!!
    Love,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary - Thank you so much, I couldn't have done any of this without you!

    Jean -- Thank you that was so sweet! And I'm sure we will have a wonderful day :) Thank you!

    Sister -- I love you and miss you so much too :) Can't wait to see you all preggers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly, you are so right about how God works in our lives and as your sister says "EVERYTHING in our lives is for a purpose". Have a great anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary Molly! I knew you were in Texas but I didn't realize or know that it was Austin. I went to UT but live in Minnesota now. Unbelievably hot in Austin!! It is a great place to live though. Thanks for reminding all of us to look inside and be thankful for where life brings us. Mary is right, you have the spirit of someone well beyond your age. Keep the faith!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. How amazing that you have done what so many can't, find the wonderful side of what you have even in the face of adversity. You give other people hope and insight, letting them know that they don't struggle alone. That is often the hardest part of dealing with a disease that so many don't understand. Bless you for sharing your experience and happy anniversary to both you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brenda -- Thank you so much for that! And yes I moved to Austin! So crazy! Too bad you aren't still here! I would love to meet everyone that comments on my blog!

    Cerridwen -- Thank you, trust me it took me a long time to find the good side of things, but seeing it now makes everything so much easier! Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete