Monday, November 22, 2010

90.

Happy Monday! It's Thanksgiving week! What are you guys thankful for? I'm incredibly thankful for my family. Both my family, and my husband's family are so wonderful and they're always there for us. I'm thankful for all of you for being here for me as well! I'm mostly thankful for everything God has given me in my life. No matter what it is, even if it's dressed as a disease, it's always a blessing in disguise. :)

I lost a bit of weight last week, but this weekend there was absolutely nothing. And the funny thing is, I was surrounded by bad food, that I didn't eat. You know I really am happy that at least I didn't gain weight, but it just puts me that much farther back from being where I want to be. When I first started this "crunch time" I felt like the amount of weight I wanted to lose was definitely do-able. I'm seeing now that I was definitely hoping too high. I'm not saying I'm stopping, but I'm going to kind of take another look at where I'm going to hope to be. I'll give you a hint...I was hoping to be a good chunk lighter than where I was when my mom came to see me in July -if you remember how much I weighed...then you'll get a feel for it- but now...I'm going to have to push to even make it to where I was when my mom came. I have not been lying to you all, I do tell you if I lose, or gain. But of course I can see how it's difficult since I don't say numbers. When I lose a "big number" it means I lost exactly what I needed to lose that day, or more. If I "lost weight" it means I lost, but it wasn't as much as I needed to lose that day. And obviously gain or staying the same, is exactly what it means.

So anyway...I'm going to re-evaluate my weight loss for the next month, since knowing that I'm not where I need to be is just making it that much harder. Hopefully I'll be what I was when my Mom came...I know that gives a lot away, but that's what's going on right now, and since I've been saying I'm not where I want to be, I thought you all should get a hint. Thank you all for your support! Until next time :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Molly, I really love your blog! Come on over to my blog, I have something for ya: http://myspotofsunshine.blogspot.com/2010/11/fun-monday-blog-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly,
    I've been thinking about doing T-Tapp but am very confused by their website (in fact, that is one of the cons when I've read about the program elsewhere). Anyway, I think I've decided on the following package. What do you think? Seems like a pretty good buy for all of it without going overboard.

    https://store.t-tapp.com/products/Basic-Plus-and-Step-Away-Set-DVD.html

    Thanks,
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorrie - Yes I even still think the website is confusing! But Basic plus is perfect, and step away is a great addition! Good choice in a DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly - I read every one of your posts. I DISTINCTLY recall that your endo cut your thyroid dose a few months back. If I recall it was based on "too low" TSH. You stopped losing weight almost immediately, and you've been struggling ever since. I know the problem - the only thing that happened when I dieted for years was that I'd get so tired, I'd live on the couch until I finally gave up and started eating again. Enough(!) thyroid med fixed that for me. MY TSH is now almost entirely suppressed, and if I diet, I lose. I'm not hyper at all, either. I know you have to listen to your doctor, but I'd start looking very hard for another one!

    I'm so sorry about the loss of your baby. I don't think it is your fault, but I can't help wonder if more thyroid would have prevented it. Low thyroid is known to be related to miscarriage. I learned early in life to be aggressive in in advocating for my own best health. (Had to - a jackass GYN offered to give me a hysterectomy at the tender age of 23 for endometriosis. I've now hit menopause, had a kid at age 36, and still have my uterus! I wish I had known what I know now about thyroid stuff, but now that I do I'm very aggressive.

    I think if you're having as hard of a time losing weight as you are and having had a miscarriage, it's time to start putting some medical professionals in the hot seat! Don't blame yourself!

    ReplyDelete