Wednesday, October 6, 2010

71.

HELLO EVERYONE! We're half way through the work week! Thankfully it's my Friday since I am leaving early tomorrow morning for the TTapp retreat! I'm very excited for this weekend, I need it so badly! I can't wait to learn new things about TTapp and get my act together with the Thyroid Diet.

Okay so as you know I was gaining weight while I was pregnant, not a shocker, I had to eat about 600 extra calories a day and I had to stop working out completely, the morning of my D&C they weighed me of course and I was 286. So I ended up gaining almost 10 pounds in just those two short weeks! I had still been eating things that were Thyroid Diet friendly, but unfortunately pregnancy and me equals weight gain apparently! (actually...it kinda makes sense now, the women in my family start gaining weight really fast when they're preggo, and they don't have thyroid problems...)

So here's my problem...after the D&C I just let myself go. I have been eating whatever I wanted the last week and a half and of course I'm still not working out. I finally got the okay on Friday, but I haven't yet. I'm very embarrassed and ashamed to say this (seriously my body is shaking as I'm typing this because I'm so frustrated with myself, and I would really rather not tell you all this. I'd rather you think I'm amazing and kept myself in control.). But I need to be honest with you guys. I actually haven't weighed myself since the D&C, but they are weighing and measuring me tomorrow at TTapp.

I honestly can't wait to start getting my life back on track, back on the Thyroid Diet and back to working out. My husband even told me that I'm happier when I'm on the Thyroid Diet, and he's right I am. So anyway. I'm very sorry if I have disappointed any of you, I hope you can all forgive me, I'm still in the process of trying to forgive myself! Well tomorrow starts my first day back on everything...HERE WE GO! Does anyone want to start with me tomorrow? I would love it if someone else did this with me. Start tomorrow! You can do it and so can I! Even if you aren't doing the Thyroid Diet, but you're doing another diet you love...DO IT! We can all do it together! Keep me posted. When I get back from my trip I will have another post, and I will tell you how everything went (including how much I weighed) :( Love you all! Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. WELCOME BACK MOLLY!!

    I will start with you tomorrow. I am hoping with someone to do this with I will be really motivated. I have tried so many things....Atkins...lemon cleanse....the ones we have out here (France) and I get nowhere and its so depressing....was motivated a while ago; I had lost 2kg....now its all back and some more.......bon no more feeling sorry for myself......Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly,
    You should not feel bad! D&C are not the most pleasant procedure to have and why not have a pitty party for yourself, sometimes you need that. Now it's time to pick yourself up brush off and move forward. You always need time to regroup after you have a big crises like that in your life. But you just learn to move forward. Have fun on your trip and don't be so hard on yourself. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly - do not be ashamed of "letting yourself go." You had a physically and emotionally trying few weeks and no one would dream of faulting you. when i got pregnant last year I gained 10lbs as well - in just 5 weeks!

    - Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly,

    Be kind to yourself. Be proud of yourself. And just be yourself. No judgements. No criticisms. Just do your best. Trust in yourself. Live your truth. And most of all keep the faith...with faith all things are possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Molls,
    Don't be ashamed or so hard on yourself. Like everyone else has said, you went through such a difficult time... you needed to just rest and let go of any stress. But, just pick up where you left off and keep going!!
    Love you,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there girl. :-) Cut yourself some slack. You went through one of the most heartbreaking experiences a woman can go through. I went through a rough patch after mine as well. Nothing but ice cream and Diet Coke for two weeks! ;-> Seriously, you do what you need to do to get through it, then get back to it. And if it's slowly, so what? At least you are doing it, and that's what counts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Molly, don't be so hard on yourself! Forgive yourself and start over. Why are we harder on ourselves than we are on other people? You are a wonderful person! God loves you, how can you not love yourself?

    ReplyDelete