Monday, July 12, 2010

42.

HEY EVERYONE! Happy Monday! Sorry I was MIA last week my mom was my special visitor and I don't get to see her very often! I had a blast with her, even though I did miss my hubby while he was out of town for a conference. So I did really well on my diet last week and I weighed 277 on Saturday! I was super excited but I tried not to get too excited since I was going to be having my treat that day. So Friday I wasn't feeling amazing...but I didn't feel sick, it was really weird! Saturday I was still feeling that way and every time I would eat it would get worse. Saturday night I started throwing up a lot and it scared me at first but then I realized I was throwing up everything I had eaten since Friday morning...none of it had digested. It was so weird...has this ever happened to any of you? I mean with the food just sitting there? A Dr I was seeing for my stomach problems last year told me once that when you have thyroid problems, you don't digest all of your food usually. So I don't know; like I said weird...but whatever!


Anyway so about that, whenever I throw up...I tend to gain weight which is even more bizarre. I weighed for whatever reason Saturday evening and it said 278 which was fine because I had been eating all day right? After I threw up I weighed 279.5...crazy. Anyway yesterday I ended up having my regular food treat and I had lasagna it was amazing! And I lost .5 lbs yesterday so I weighed 279 this morning. I have to be 275 by July 25th. So I'm kicking it up and pushing through! We'll see how the rest of this week goes :) Hope you all are well! Until next time ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Molly! I am so happy to hear you had a great time with your mom :) I am sure you'll lose those 4 pounds super soon.
    I had my endo appointment yesterday. It went really well. My FT4 is 1.4 and my TSH is finally recuperating (it went from being 0.001 to 0.33). My doctor says that the TSH is not a good measure of my recovery because I was hyper for so long my pituitary will be repressed for a while. Although we are all happy about that 0.33, he says it can take up to 3-4 months to be fully active again. I'll have another blood test in 2 months and a follow-up with him in november. So, for now I am still with my 100mcg of synthroid. Everything else is going well too. I keep working out religiously, at least 1 hour of cardio every day and I officially started the SBD today. I'll keep you posted on how that goes. It is actually pretty similar to the thyroid diet. YAY! Ok. Big hugs to you missy and have a wonderful day :)
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will get there, Mollers!! Keep on keeping on!! You are doing great!
    Love you,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sister!!! Love you and miss you!

    Lucia -- Thank you!!! And I definitely hope so, we all know how they can go super fast or super slow! Oh good, well I'm glad that it's getting better! That's good, these things don't get fixed just like that you know? It's just like losing weight...it takes time. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanette YarbroughJuly 16, 2010 at 1:00 PM

    Molly, I have stomach issues too and had to go gluten free. I started drinking a aleo vera drink a few times a week and that seems to help a lot!! Just thought you might want to try it! :) I get my drinks at Henry's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regarding the undigested food, hypothyroidism can cause low stomach acid. I take HCL supplements and enzymes with every meal, which seems to help a lot. You'll know if you don't need the HCL after you take it because you'll feel a burning feeling in your stomach. If you take it and you don't feel anything, then you probably have low stomach acid. My doctor put me on HCL and I started to feel better after a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete