Monday, January 24, 2011

107.

Hey everyone! Happy Monday! I'm really sorry about a week without posting I've just been having a really hard time! So last Saturday I started feeling sick, and Sunday I started throwing up -totally thought I had the flu- This was NOT morning sickness at all! For exactly one week I threw up at least 5 times a day and I just kept feeling worse and worse every time I did. My mom kept telling my greasy stuff made her sick when she was pregnant and I just said yeah yeah okay Mom. Still sick! Then I started reading ingredients lists. OH MY GOODNESS you wouldn't believe how many/what foods have some type of oil or butter in them. And I tried more than a few oils and a couple butters, EVERY time felt sick half way through whatever I was eating. Yesterday morning, exactly one week after it got extreme I had 5 wheat thins -without thinking- and I threw up 5 times yesterday. I had nothing else with oil or butter in it for the rest of the day and yet I threw up everything I ate after. Today: not ONE piece of anything that had oil or butter has entered my mouth, and though I got nauseous for a few hours I never once threw up :)

My Doctor had originally prescribed something to calm the nausea, but it didn't work. Wednesday night we were in the E.R. because I wasn't keeping anything down, and they prescribed something else but it didn't help either! Which was a total bummer. Anyway, so today -my first day without excessive vomiting- I started getting bad cramps. Not the stretching to prepare for baby cramps, cramps I have only experienced after my two miscarriages. At least there's no bleeding. It was so bad not even 20 minutes into being at work I started shaking and couldn't even hold my pen. So I had to leave and went to see my Gyno, unfortunately she wasn't in today so I had to see her Medical Assistant. This person wouldn't even listen to me, she kept interrupting and she prescribed me the same meds I already tried taking. Her solution? Doubling the dose. After a while of her not listening to what I was saying I just stopped talking. I have an ultrasound in the morning to make sure Peanut is okay and then I will see my actual Dr., which I'm very excited about because she's wonderful and I know she'll listen to me. The cramps are the worst when I'm sitting up or standing. Laying down is my best friend. It also helps a lot with the nausea and lightheadedness. So anyway I've been out of work for a week, and still need to take off at least through Wednesday. We'll see what happens. Please keep all of us in your prayers! I'll keep you guys updated :) Until next time.

5 comments:

  1. Hope everything is okay with you and you get to see your little peanut again! Keep us updated please! I will keep you in my thoughts.

    -Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in my prayers. I was wondering what had happened. Has your doctor prescribed Zofran for you yet? If not, ask her about it. I tried two other medicines for nausea when I was pregnant and neither worked. Zofran was my miracle drug! I could tell you within 15 minutes when it was time for another dose b/c I would start feeling nauseated again. Let us know how the appt goes tomorrow

    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly, sorry that you are not feeling well. I just wanted to let you know that I had that same kind of cramping it was mostly when I sat down. I was further along then you but it turned out okay. So just stay postive and don't try to stress out about it. It could have to do with all the sickness that you are having you do use your stomach muscles when you are sick. Throwing up 5 times a day for a week your body has to be feeling it. Take care of yourself and keep us posted. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly yes please keep us posted it is so awesome to see the power of prayer at work and you, hubby and peanut are getting plenty :)

    ReplyDelete