Thursday, September 16, 2010

67.

So I'm kinda bummed...I just wrote this whole long post...and accidentally deleted it when I was trying to save it...it's no where, I tried to bring it back....LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN! haha (this one will probably be shorter)

I got my books yesterday! I was so excited I already read everything I can read so far! (We aren't going farther than where I am in the pregnancy, that way it can all be as it's happening) The books are great! There were parts that I already knew, and others that answered questions I'd been saving up until I see my Dr again so that was fun!

So I haven't been weighing since I found out I was pregnant, but my mom said it was a good idea to keep track of where I am so I did and I've gained 2 pounds I weigh 279.5. Honestly I'm not surprised, I was hardly losing any weight if you all remember, and now I've added an additional 400 calories a day, I knew it would happen. The baby books say to eat 2200 calories a day during the first trimester, and right now I'm only eating 1600 but I think that's okay for right now, since it is more than I was eating before, and I'm definitely not letting myself starve or anything like that. I'm still eating everything that I was eating before on the diet, just obviously adding in some more.

The books also give some light exercises you can do, but I'm not doing anything right now for exercise. I was going to go bowling last weekend and I called my Dr to see if that was okay. She said because of my thyroid problems, being overweight, and having my last pregnancy end in a miscarriage she didn't want me to exercise or strain myself for now, until she gives the okay. (so obviously no...don't go bowling) She said to take it easy, and even don't go up and down the stairs at my apartment unless it's completely necessary. (I live on the third floor, and at work my office is on the second floor, no elevators either place) But I'm not being a total couch potato either, my bladder wouldn't exactly allow it anyway. I go to the bathroom about every half hour, but when I'm at home if we're watching TV, I get up and walk around the apartment during every commercial, and at work I get up and walk around the top floor every time after I go to the bathroom.

So I'm 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant, which means the yolk sac starts appearing today! Sounds gross but that's okay because things are happening, and on Monday the heartbeat starts appearing! SO excited! My Sonogram is a week from today and I can't wait I'm practically bouncing! OH OH ALSO! The day of the Sonogram is the first day of Fall my FAVORITE season, and my friend just told me a Fall Front is coming in on that day :) How perfect for the sonogram!!! Anyway totally thrilled! That's all for now, hope you all are doing well! Until next time :)

4 comments:

  1. omg like you, i just wrote a lengthy response and lost it when i tried to preview. :P

    ANYWAY, was just writing to tell you about the resource called Babycenter.com. Its an awesome resource during pregnancy and they have lots of tools (like the Baby Cost Calculator, which I was addicted to when I was pregnant last year (miscarried).

    Congrats again! I'm glad to hear you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smiled the whole time I was reading your post! Thanks for sharing all this with us! It is going to be fun for me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Keep us posted how you're feeling through this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all of you! And Abbey thank you I'm definitely checking out this website right now!

    ReplyDelete