Monday, April 26, 2010

8.

Happy Monday!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I have quite a few things I want to tell you guys! Okay so Friday...I wasn't feeling well at all. Like I've said before I walk 2 miles a day, 1 in the morning and 1 at night. (1 mile is 2x around our apartment complex) I didn't even get .1 miles in and I thought I was going to pass out. I was dizzy, drained and just wanted to go back to sleep. (hypothyroid patients you know what that's like) well I turned the puppy around and after barely making it back up the stairs I fell onto the couch and stayed there til I had to get ready for work. The entire time I was at work I kept telling myself...I'm gonna walk tonight, I might even do 2 miles tonight! By the time I was on my way home though, I felt worse than I had that morning and I was struggling to keep driving! So I didn't go walking at all on Friday, and at first I was really worried about that, but then I realized...I walk 2 miles every single day. It is fine if I miss 1 day. And I still lost weight that day ;-)  I felt great on Saturday though, and went right back to walking. Sat. was also my treat day and oh my goodness I was so excited. I allowed myself to have two french fries off my husbands plate at our date night and then we went and got frozen yogurt afterward! It was amazing...sooo good. And guess what...I lost that day too! :) I went to a baby shower yesterday and of course they had a ton of food there...cupcakes, sandwiches, some kind of chili/cream cheese thing with crackers (which I love by the way) and much more. I was definitely tempted by the chili/cream cheese but I didn't have any (because I know I can't have just one of those). Instead of standing in the kitchen with the women who were surrounding the island continuously eating and talking I went into the living room to talk to the other people. I was so proud of myself haha! Then I went to the movies with some friends and I found out one of those friends in particular is really bad for me and my diet. I told her I was just going to have water and she was like no you can cheat one day (which I repeatedly told her that I had my treat the night before) and she got popcorn for us to share (a small) and of course I got to hold it because she was eating her candy...I gave in...BUT I didn't even have 2 cups worth, and in The Thyroid Diet it says 2 cups of popcorn is 1 serving of starch and I had only had 1 serving of starch that day anyway. We also didn't add any butter to it...so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I still felt super guilty on my way home from the movie, but I got over it this morning when I stood on the scale and saw that I had still lost weight. haha! Other than my treat and the popcorn I did great on my diet this weekend, and I'm not going to have another treat until Saturday! So I have had 14 days of the Thyroid Diet (obviously not counting today) and I have lost 14.2 lbs!!!! WOO! I weigh 307.8 and I seriously can't wait to be under 300! Thanks for the support everyone! Until next time!

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!! How exciting! You are soooo close to getting out of the 300s. At the rate you are going, one more week and you can say "Goodbye 300!"

    You should allow yourself 1 or 2 days of off days or light workout days. That day that you didn't feel well sounded like a "burnout" to me. If you don't allow your body to catch up, you can easily burnout. I used to do twice a day, 7 days a week, and then I got really sick. My body was so weak, that I was out for a solid week with illness. So on my off days, I spend them doing something fun and active, like casually riding my bike around the neighborhood or going rollerblading. Don't concentrate on how many calories you burned, just casually have fun at it.

    Weight Watchers didn't work for me like it did for the rest of my classmates in the program, but I did learn some tidbits. One of them was that if you go off the beaten path and eat something you shouldn't have, you can't think about it afterwards. You gotta act like, "i deserved it. I had a craving, I fed that craving. It's done and over with. Moving on." Once you tell yourself that, you never think about it ever again. No punishments allowed. But with your great food habits and your walks, you still lost weight! Good for you!

    As for your friend, she doesn't know what it's like. Dieting is hard, I'm sure she knows this. But she doesn't know how hard it is for people with hypo. I hope she doesn't tell you to cheat every time you hang out with her. If so, you might need to talk with her about seeking her support. You need support buddies around you!! Great that you could keep your popcorn eating down to 2 cups! Once I eat a piece of popcorn, I'm all the way to the bottom of the bag without knowing what happened. lol

    That baby shower sounded like a serious challenge. Social parties with food are really freaking hard to deal with.

    Again, congrats on the weight loss!

    my bloggy:
    http://sharper43.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sharper! I should have known that from Weight Watchers I guess it's so easy to forget when you're into a diet like this you know? The reason I don't feel like I should do off days is because of my puppy. She needs exercise...But I guess we could go to the park or the lake...or just do 1 mile a day on the weekend. Yea, I definitely like the sound of that haha! Thank you SO much for your support! And oh yea as for the friend I see her once every 2 weeks...but you're right. She's one of those people that is already super skinny and is always talking about needing to be on a diet (rolls eyes) but yet...she likes to push food on me? Again thank you! And I'll definitely check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! You are doing so great! You will be there before you know it!! Keep it going girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Molly,
    I have just now started following your blog. I also have hypthyroid and can relate to many of the things you talk about in your blog. I have Mary Shomon's, The Thyroid Diet book too and am going to start the diet tomorrow. I was not looking forward to it but after reading your blog I feel very inspired. I m just scared of failure I guess. Thank you so much for your blog. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing so good! keep up the good work! I find that w/ my hypo I don't always see immediate results...I changed my diet to whole foods and didn't see any result in the scale for a whole week but I knew it was healthy for me so I continued. I think it is kind of like my meds...it is a build up of the meds and one miss isn't going to send me into a spiral but if I continue to miss doses then I'm in trouble. Treats, I don't like the word cheating, are okay as long as they are done in moderation and infrequently. Like you said to just quench the disire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all of you :) And gsp, I'm glad you're starting the diet! Try not to be scared, and plus...you can never know how sweet accomplishing something really is unless you've failed first. And you wouldn't really be failing...your thyroid is what's making things hard, it's not that you aren't trying. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete