Friday, April 23, 2010

7.

Hello everyone! I have some pretty awesome news to share with y'all! :) But first things first, some of you who have the book talk about the diet being too intimidating. So let's talk about that. If you just read through the book then yes the diet can look like there's a lot to it, but like I said before just take a deep breath and start mapping out your way to do the diet. I found out exactly how many servings of whatever I needed to eat each day and then I split them up between three meals and two snacks. Since I am doing the free-form diet of the Thyroid Diet, (there are 3 diets you can do for the thyroid diet...it explains it in the book, and it lets you know which one is right for you!) I need to eat:
 1-2 servings of fruit a day
 2-3 servings of starch a day
at least 6 servings of vegetables a day
at least 64 oz of water a day. I also need to have:
 1 serving of fat each meal and snack
 1-2 servings of protein in every meal.
(you also need to have fiber, so the foods I choose usually have fiber in them)
 Now, you can't just eat whatever of each of these, she gives you a list of what you can and cannot eat for all of these. As I said in one of my earlier posts I eat the minimum of what she suggests, (1 serv. fruit, 2 serv. starch) and after I figured that out I started planning what I could eat for each of these things. I went through her list and picked out things I like to eat, separated them into my meals and snacks and then I made my grocery list (she also tells you how much/big is an actual serving size). Now the food I eat sometimes changes from day to day so I wont go into exactly what foods I eat but here's what my "non-food names" menu looks like (I keep a journal and this is what is on the page)!

Weigh:          Day, Date, Day of diet
Water: 8   8   8   8   8   8   8   8   8   8   8   8 (I cross off an 8 for each 8 oz I drink, usually do 80oz total)
Exercise: (I write what I do and for how long)
Breakfast (time):
1 serving of starch
1 serving of fat
1 serving of protein
am Snack (time):
1 serving of fruit
1 serving of fat
2 servings of veggies
Lunch (time):
1 serving of starch
1 serving of fat
1 serving of protein
2 servings of veggies
pm Snack (time):
1 serving of fat
2 servings of veggies
Dinner (time):
1 serving of fat
1 serving of protein
1-2 servings of veggies (some nights)
How much Lost/Gained (obviously you fill this in the next day)

So if you take the time before you start your diet to figure out how to do it, it really is SUPER easy! And just because you're on a diet, doesn't mean you can't go out! I've gone out 3 times since being on this diet and everything I ate I LOVED! Yesterday I went to lunch at Schlotskys with my Aunt, and had an amazing lunch! First I got a large drink (44oz) and I got their unsweetened tea w/ 2 slices of lemon. (It was a wonderful change from only water) and drank that while I was at work too! I got a small turkey and guacamole sandwich and even though it was on wheat bread, it didn't look like wheat bread so I just set the bread aside! All that was on the sandwich was about 4oz of turkey, lettuce, tomato, and around 1-2 tbsp of guac. It was delicious, satisfying and only 168 calories! And when you go out, don't be afraid to ask them to take off things. Remember when I got my chicken montery sandwich last week? I said no bun, no bacon, and no sauce. I know a couple of you were going to start the diet, or already started it. How are you guys doing with it, I really want to know!

Like I said I have pretty awesome news to share with you! I weigh 310.6 and have lost 11.4 lbs in 11 days! WOOHOO! I cannot wait to be out of the 300s! You all are amazing, and I hope this post helps some of you take that leap into the diet! Just remember to take a deep breath! Until next time :)

7 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your achievements with us! It's inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I am doing well. At weight loss class yesterday, at around 12:30, I weighed in at 255.9 which is what it has been consistent this whole month. This morning I stood on the scale (which I am sure is different than the class scale) but it said 252.8. COOL!!!!! I will so do the HaPpY DaNcE if I could finally (after 4 months) get past 250!

    So I have a blog too: http://reducingsalon.blogspot.com/
    Thanks for your encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you aapuzzanchera! Woo Breeda! You are so gonna get past that 250 mark in NO time! I will definitely go check out your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaaaay Sissy! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Concerning the flouride in your tap water...our local water utility district does not add flouride to our water supply. I found this out from my pediatrician(had to use supplement drops for baby-20 yrs ago!!). Guess they were ahead of their time! So tell your followers that they can call their water districts to confirm flouride is to their water supply before they spend money on water filtration systems and/or bottled water. Oh, and way to go on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Stephanie, I hadn't thought that anyone would do differently, but it makes sense!! Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely put that in my next post along with what I have been doing so far!

    ReplyDelete