Monday, April 19, 2010

5.













Okay so I was thinking I might have a little post about the phases I'm planning on doing with this diet and also a way to see how I was gaining weight over the years. Now please keep in mind, some of these pictures are probably funny or whatever but I don't take a ton of serious pictures. Also not all of these you can see my whole body, but you can tell in my chest and face how much weight I'm gaining. I will explain each picture later! So first things first: the phases

Phase 1 - I am getting myself from morbidly obese to obese. I need to lose 59 lbs and I will be 263 when I am done with this phase.
Phase 2 - Going from obese to overweight. I need to lose 66 lbs in this phase and will weigh 197 when I'm done.
Phase 3 - To go from overweight to a healthy weight. I need to lose 33 lbs and will weigh 164 when I am through.
Now depending on how I like the way I look I might do a phase 4 just to get down to 150-155 whenever I am happy with how I look. So there you go! If I say I only need to lose a small amount more, then that means it's until I complete that phase, not until I'm totally done.

Now to explain the pictures:

Picture 1: I was 140 pounds, and this was before one of the musicals I was in, hence the make up and dress haha, I'm on the far left.
Picture 2: This was my Junior year of High School after my thyroid had been removed this was one of my proms and I am on the right, I weigh about 160 here.
Picture 3: Near the end of my Senior year, I was at 170...I was just taking pictures of my new make up! haha
Picture 4: The end of my Senior year I was 180 here, this is before one of my voice recitals
Picture 5: This is during my Freshman year of college, I'm the girl in the polka dot dress I weigh 200 lbs here, there was some dinner going on this night
Picture 6: Nearing the end of my Freshman year, I weighed right around 215-220, I guess we were doing a see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil thing?? Roommates Birthday dinner.
Picture 7: This is the beginning of May of my Sophomore year of college, my sister and I went to see Wicked in Hollywood, I weighed 230 lbs. This is the last night I remember thinking I looked good, even though I wouldn't have put on a bathing suit or anything...I still thought I was pretty here.
Picture 8: This is three weeks later the day after I moved to Texas, with my hubbs I weigh 250 lbs.
Picture 9: This is my wedding day a couple months after the previous picture in August 2008 I weigh 280 lbs
Picture 10: This is a few months after the wedding, my family came to visit us in Texas, I am in the very middle, I weigh 300 lbs.
Picture 11: This is another view of one I posted in my first post, this was almost a year ago I weigh 323 lbs here which is right about where I was when I started this new diet.

So I hope these pictures help you see everything a little bit differently also. You can see, even in just my face, how much I have gained. My eyes aren't so big, now they look squinty. My dimples are disappearing :( And I just look flat out huge. I seriously can't wait to get back to somewhere between the first and second picture!

20 comments:

  1. You look absolutely AMAZING in your wedding dress!

    Actually you're beautiful in all of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly, you are beautiful!

    I've done this same thing - gone through all my photos from high school and lined them all up in sequential order and going "omg what is happened?!" Although, it was rare to find a pic of my whole body. They were always cropped or chopped off before the midsection would ever start. Maybe that made things worse, because my imagination of what I thought of myself would fill in the rest.

    As long as you aren't doing this to beat yourself up over it, and think of it like as "this is reality. this is my past. this is my fuel to the fire of motivation. this is the beginning of something new."

    I look forward to following your blog to see your success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sharper!! And I am definitely not putting up the pics to beat myself up over it. Yes it makes me sad that this is what I look like now, but I was doing it more for everyone who was reading the blog. I heard a lot of people say I didn't realize you had such big changes, so I decided to let everyone see what they looked like instead of just reading it you know? Thank you for reading my blog! It means so much to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog today via Mary's facebook page. I read your posts from the beginning and can COMPLETELY relate to all that you have written, since I too struggle with weight/thyroid issues. My Dr discovered the thyroid issues last Sept when my test came back 11 (I think you said that was your too)... since then we have yet to find the right Med to help get me consistently in the normal range and to help my weight loss efforts. It is beyond frustrating and defeating
    I wanted to congratulate you on your success so far and wish you the best of luck on this journey. I look forward to "sharing" it with you...
    And regardless of your weight, your beautiful spirit shines through in each of those pictures. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing so well! Keep up the positive attitude!
    When I finally got to the right doctor they would ask on a scale of 1-5 how are you feeling. So, regardless of my tests they went on how well I was doing. And then looked at my tests. I actually do better on the high end to over normal. Being mentally fit was the goal for me.
    Unfortunately, you were forced into hypo from the removal of your thyroid so it may be different for you than others. But remember that stress increases your thyroidism-I think this is evidenced in your weight gain right before your wedding. Keep your stress to a minimum.
    And make sure all bodily functions are working properly. I was constipated for so many years and that stuff had to go somewhere and if not out of me...it was absorbed and became me. :( I now take Magnesium to keep me relaxed and help with that end.
    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you both of you. Susan I'm glad you're going based on how you're feeling rather than the numbers that's great! Because if you don't feel good...then what's the point?! And to the Hollis family, I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I feel like the beginning is always the hardest part and you're still in those stages. My numbers were actually unchartable at their highest. And they bounce back and forth between 10 and 100 on a regular basis. I have my levels checked every 6-8 weeks and it just confuses my doctor and i to no end. I know you can make it through this...I'll be praying for you guys...as well as everyone else out there reading this who has thyroid problems. You guys are amazing! Keep being wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Molly u look great in all pictures
    I am also struggling to lose weight with hypothyroid. I like what u did with the pictures, i did something similar with my jeans.
    I got all my jeans i did not fit in, and went from one to next.
    It feels real great to fit into jeans i could not put on 6 months ago

    ReplyDelete
  8. ASP! that's great! I LOVE THAT! I'm actually wearing a shirt today that I haven't been able to wear in a couple months! I was so excited! How are you losing the weight? Great job and keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Molly,

    You are just gorgeous!! :)

    And inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Courtney thank you, you are too sweet! And ASP, I'm sorry I might just being having a stupid moment but what does spl mean? And as for body pain I have that too. All over. My stomach, my arms, my neck, my legs, my feet...I'm just weak and it's everywhere! I had trouble putting on my dogs collar this morning! Now I'm not positive if this is thyroid related or not, but if it's happening to you too it might be! I'm going to research something for Courtney in a little bit and I'll research that too! Writing a new post today and I'll tell y'all what I find in there. But ASP, I feel you...I want nothing more than to lay in bed all day and not have to struggle to move my body. You know? But I push myself because I don't want to live my life like that. I want to do things! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi molly, i wanted to say was specially in my legs......
    at one point i was taking painkillers everyday, this is choice i had, have a un-productive day spent fighting pain, or take a painkiller......
    body pain is a known side effect of thyroid
    i have found walking(at about 4.5 m/h) helps. I dont know how, but it helps with the pain, maybe it helps with the metabolism and that somehow helps
    i also use cotton crepe bandage

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are beautiful in all your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ASP, I find I feel better while I'm walking but usually right before I finish my mile, my legs and hips really start hurting again and then they are in a ton of pain after and for the rest of the day! So lame!

    Thank you Leonie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohhhh what do u do for pain then?
    have u tried crape bandage?

    ReplyDelete
  17. ASP -- quite honestly I do nothing. I'm allergic to most pain medications, and tylenol and advil have never done anything for me. So I just deal with it. My mom and husband are pretty much the only ones who know. And bless their hearts they let me rant about it. And no I've actually never heard of crape bandage! But I'm going to go look it up right now and find out what I can!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Molly,

    I too have pulled out the old scrap books to compare what has happened to myself over the last 10 years of my life. I cried...However, hearing how determined you are to beat this, you will soon see photos of yourself that you love. I absolutly hate photos, especially of my wedding. I looked swollen, like I was retaining allot of water and I looked like I had a turkey neck. The double chin totally stood out. Those photos are supposed to be the best times of my life and instead I am embarrased to even pull them out.

    I know this journey is hard, sometimes you feel like giving up and living with the way things are, but don't! You keep going and I'll keep going and together, we will be our ideal weight or maybe just our happy weight!

    ReplyDelete
  19. woo hoo! heck yes we will! I just keep looking back to all the photos and saying to myself...if you don't keep trying, you'll never get back to looking like *this picture* And man i want to look like I did in those first couple of pictures bad! I know it's hard to see what we look like...but our husbands sure do love us! Focus on that :)

    ReplyDelete