Sunday, August 7, 2011

123.

Hey dolls! oh my word I can't believe how long it has been since I posted. I honestly had no idea! Mine and Cory's lives have been SO SO BUSY since my last post. well.....all the time. but still. Okay so the day after my last post we got a new puppy for Skylar to play with! I honestly don't remember Skylar being this much hard work, I'm sure she was but Cory and I are exhausted parents that is FOR SURE! We seriously don't even get on the computer at home anymore. If we aren't taking out the new puppy, and trying to make sure she and Skylar are playing fair, we're trying to eat and get each other to work! (Cory's been working nights these last couple months...thankfully that's over though!) Then there have been BIG things going on at my new job, unfortunately I can't share, but I feel like this is the busiest I've been since I started there...so there really isn't any time to post while I'm there either. Anyway...just busy busy busy!

Okay I wish I had a super awesome T-Tapp report to give you but unfortunately I don't. and I promise I actually have a reason. A few weeks ago I noticed my perscription for my thyroid meds was getting low, but being me...I kept forgetting to refill it until the day I actually needed it -seriously I do this every time...yay for 1 hour refills!- But this time was bad...Cory and I went on our weekend date and I also went and got an amazing mani/pedi with my friend, not a big deal because I knew we would still have enough for my perscription (all our bills for the next two weeks were already paid) and to have some extra money for any misc. things we might need. Now in our house, I'm the one that keeps track of finances. It has nothing to do with my husband's ability of doing it...it's just that I LOVE figuring budgets and keeping track of money and all that, so I do it. I have a very good system down on the computer and it works perfectly. But I forgot one new thing. Paying our old apartment for carpet replacement. I wrote them a check and forgot all about it. Apparently it went through on Friday...and I didn't notice until Saturday afternoon -after our date, my nails, and also the day I no longer had any pills.- It literally left us with $5 to our name, we've never been in that tight of a spot financially and I flipped out because I forgot something like that. So I couldn't get my perscription until we got paid 6 days later, mistake #1.

I knew I should've just called one of our parents...but I didn't, mistake #2. and I didn't tell my hubby....mistake #3. He noticed Thursday night and got really upset. I don't blame him. With how high my perscription is...missing one day makes me feel awful, and he knows that. Thankfully we both got paid on Friday and I got my perscription refilled, and then went to get our new puppy...I was thinking all was fine.
I took it really easy that whole week just in case, but wasn't prepared for the next week -this last week-. I feel the worst I've felt in years. It's hard to go up the stairs, I can barely stay standing because I just feel so weak, and I'm so so tired. Basically normal Thyroid things, just magnified. Needless to say, my hubby my parent's, who now know, aren't thrilled with my week free of thyroid hormones. I scared them all and I'm sorry. Also, I haven't worked out since this started for obvious reasons....so it's been almost three weeks without T-Tapp :( I want to get back to it SO bad. I know my body will feel better when I do, but I need to wait until I know I'm okay to work out, and I can already tell I'm much better today than I was on Friday. So that's good news.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know what's been happening. I'm hoping I'm well enough to T-Tapp tomorrow, and I'll let you know how it's going soon.

BY THE WAY...I do not think it is wise for ANYONE to stop taking their Thyroid meds for any reason. I was really stupid that week I should have just asked one of our parents for the $20.

7 comments:

  1. We all learn lessons every day when we have thyroid problems. And, sharing your experience will really help others who might be tempted to stop the meds for any reason! You will feel better when you start exercising again.......be sure to do something every day. Start small, but do something.....and you will eventually build up strength. Even though I have been exercising every day for two years now, I have days when I have to force myself to do something so I know exactly how you feel....something about this condition and exercise is a puzzle for me and I struggle with it every day. I also struggle with the fact that I can't seem to lose my middle, but that is a topic for another day. :-) Stay with it....TTapp away!!! Go for some short walks!!! You WILL feel better! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! <3 Puzzle is pretty much a perfect word for how we feel with it! I totally agree there are those days when you're just like oooh my goodness I don't want to move! But good for you for still forcing yourself to do something! I Really need to work on being like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried gluten free? do some research into hypothyroidism and gluten. it's really fascinating. I started a gluten free diet, like literally 24 hours ago, and I'm actually feeling really good but also really bad because i'm "detoxing". AND i've lost .5 inches around my midsection. In 24hours. Half an inch. Not saying that gluten is what's wrong but I'm pretty desperate, too, because I've been trying to lose weight for awhile and exercise doesn't really help me and my thyroid meds have helped - but not completely taken away - my symptoms (mainly, pain, swelling, bloating, weight gain). ALSO, have you tried those toning shoes? I have a few pairs (cheap from Target.com) and I've lost like 8 inches from my hips and thighs while using them. And another also, on the really bad days you could *try* doing a pedal exerciser? You can find them on amazon pretty cheap (http://www.amazon.com/Isokinetics-Inc-Brand-Pedal-Exerciser/dp/B000KDWA82/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1312902571&sr=1-1). You can literally lay on the couch and pedal, so at least you can relax and get a little bit of movement in your legs. I actually use a disassembled stationary bike (looks pretty funny) but I find it helps a bit with the swelling, especially on my bad and painful days when I can't do ANYTHING but I know I need to do something. Idk how to bold in comments so imagine my ANYTHING is bolded instead of screaming at you.

    Aside from the diet, I will tsk tsk you for the thyroid pills. I don't even know you but I would have sent you $20 for thyroid pills. Dude, i'm serious. And it would have been Canadian $20 so you could have enjoyed the pretty colour.

    Also, puppies are hell. Period. End of story. Their adorableness is the only thing that saves them (also, share pics of puppy). Puppies are like toddlers on 72 pixie sticks with razors in their mouths. My dog was an awful puppy. Awful. I love her to death and I've loved her since I got her at 12 weeks but I would never go back to her puppy years. I don't think I could handle another puppy after her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha omg Abbey first of all you crack me up, second of all I'm really excited for you with your toning shoes and gluten free! I have looked into gluten free and you're right it's incredible how they all go hand in hand but I have trouble staying gluten free.....hahaha

    I love your torn apart stationary bike idea that really does sound good! Even though I'm sitting most the day I still feel like I've been on my feet all day. :(

    And I know I deserve the tsk tsk and the canadian money would have made me laugh. I appreciate the thought though and thanks for the good laugh! Puppies really are hell! I alway want a puppy just for a day, and then I want them to be dogs haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just yesterday I DID NOT want to go to the gym. But, I got in the car and willed it to take me there. I felt great when I was done exercising, but I nearly had myself talked out of it. This happens to me nearly every day. Yesterday I was back from a business trip and tired so my head was trying to talk me into skipping a day. What can that hurt, right?
    Well, not long ago, due to business trips, I missed nearly a week straight and had to kick myself in the butt to start up again. I feel good when I do and I know it is helping me. The way I look at it is that I would probably weight 20 pounds more. I'm not really losing weight because of the exercise, but I'm not gaining....plus I am more toned and I feel good. Anyhow, thanks for providing these thought provoking topics! You really make me think about this condition and my life! Hope you are doing well..... Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOO HOO!!! GO YOU! You are exactly right! You always feels great when you are done working out, it's just starting the work out hahaa. I'm glad you like my topics I usually just say what's on my mind that day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can not simply close your eyes to low thyroid or hypothyroidism when you have it. In many cases, hormonal replacement is suggested but if you are not really comfortable with it, you can opt for thyroid medications or natural thyroid supplements .

    ReplyDelete